Pharmaceutical / Biotech Sr. Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing (Pre Clinical and Clinical Programs) - Remote/telework
The Senior Manager, Global Strategic Sourcing will report to the Director, Global Strategic Sourcing and Category Management, and will frequently partner with leadership of the broader Finance staff and stakeholder functions within the business.
- Utilize spend analytics, market research and trends, and supplier intelligence to understand category spend – trends, spread across business and across suppliers.
- Define category strategies and sourcing strategies to gain efficiency and drive quality, value and optimal total cost of ownership within the spend/category and with supplier partners.
- Define and lead cross-functional stakeholder teams to understand and ensure business strategies and requirements are met for the category.
- Execute RFx and supplier selection processes with cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Understand risk elements of suppliers within the category markets, and define/engage risk assessment and mitigation tactics for those risk elements.
- Develop, negotiate, support, and manage global contracts with suppliers in line with stakeholder / business needs and sound contracting structures and terms.
- Quantify and report savings/value of category contracts and spend and related supplier relationships; understand and measure compliance with, and utilization of, global agreements and relationships.
- Implement supplier relationship management and governance programs to ensure/increase value and supplier performance and drive innovation within the spend categories.
- Lead development and implementation of internal GSS team processes, policies and tools that support overall team activities and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, business, or life sciences; MBA desirable, C.P.M. or A.P.P. desirable
- 10+ years strategic procurement experience with extensive knowledge of category management and advanced sourcing, complex contract negotiations expertise
- Past experience leading multiple categories and sourcing teams within the pre-clinical and clinical space, including a solid understanding of the drug development process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including solid interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong analytical skill set required to drive problem-solving and innovative solutions.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Clinical services experience
Leadership and Strategic Experience
Base Salary - USD $123,000 to $165,000
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
must have clinical services experience?
must have leadership/strategic experience