The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways — from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
We are seeking thought leaders, who have a passion for showing our customers a better way to solve their business challenges. As a Principal Solution Consultant, you will partner with AspenTech sales teams during the sales cycle to lead in consultative discovery process with customers, craft a vision and roadmap of a solution that addresses customer requirements, identifying differentiated value capture potential, and an implementation/sustainment program for that solution. This involves maintaining a keen understanding of the AspenTech product strategy, value enablers, professional services and partner execution capabilities, and sales pipeline to drive opportunities where AspenTech solutions can bring significant business value to our customers and to AspenTech.
The Principal Solution Consultant is responsible for delivering high quality solutions and business outcomes based on existing AspenTech products. Demonstrating deep knowledge of the solutions and offerings, capable of contributing to the design of a complete solution across the entire lifecycle of a project - from pre-sales through design and delivery of the solution - the Principal Solution Consultant drives transformational results and realizes business strategy for AspenTech customers.
This is a customer facing role that requires self-motivated individuals with excellent business, industry and technical knowledge along with strong consultative and communication skills to position AspenTech solutions and services with our customers.Your Impact
- Develop industry and application specific solutions for the customer. This is a very client facing position that will have you leading value discovery customer sessions, assessing customer needs, and developing solutions.
- Determine and understand prospective client’s critical business issues in order to present and demonstrate AspenTech’s software capabilities as the best possible solution to win the business.
- Build client specific solutions on the AspenTech platform using all the available tool options.
- Develop robust recommendations, proposals and scope of work documents for AspenTech Consulting engagements while also identifying critical dependencies & gaps
- Accountable to consult with customers and advise on the relevant AspenTech solutions, services and establish a credible value proposition
- Develop & execute sales campaigns and plans together with the sales teams
- Work with the Sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, to identify key customer technical challenges and to develops solutions to meet the business needs.
- Proactively support pipeline development (e.g. marketing, account planning, awareness sessions, etc.) and sales execution (e.g. strategy for accounts and opportunities, including NCM conversion, deal models and BRP’s) in the assigned accounts and opportunities
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of consultant, pre-sales, professional services consultant type of role particularly pharmaceutical and biotech experience
- Experience with MES and Supply Chain applications as applied in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies
- Understanding of Primary and Secondary processing
- Strong knowledge of contemporary pharma/biotech manufacturing processes, challenges, and evolving trends.
- Understanding of Validation requirements and GMP
- Understanding of cloud and SaaS solutions and the impact of these solutions in a validated environment.
- Understanding of Pharma 4.0 would be a plus
- Candidates will have a strong understanding of pharma/biotech economics with an ability to interact with potential clients and talk knowledgeably about their work processes
- Strong drive to solve customer problems and rapidly convert pipeline opportunities into closed deals
- Balance of business and technology acumen, including ability to articulate high-level technical solutions to business problems and the differentiated value those solutions can provide.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to create clear observations, analysis and conclusions based on customer interviews and data
- Travel approximately 50% - (not essential during COVID)