Job ID 502012BR
"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering has a long history of bringing characters to life in the form of Audio-Animatronics. At Walt Disney Imagineering, we are continuing to advance the state-of-the-art in advanced, lifelike robotics. As a part of this team, you will help develop the future of our robotics systems and will help us achieve our vision to bring characters to life in unparalleled ways in our parks.
- Perform full spectrum of electronic and electrical project activities for robotics, including low level and system level design and testing of systems with power, communications, and motor control
- Deepen your knowledge of complex integrated robotic systems and their components
- Work independently and in highly diverse and multidisciplinary project teams, and with external partners
- Develop, test, verify, debug, and refine compact electrical systems via rapid experimental iterations
- Experience with leadership and the ability to drive progress and decision-making with team members.
- Good analog, power, and digitalcircuit design and analysis fundamentals
- Experience independently designing, specifying, integrating, and testing electronics that interfaces with electro-mechanical hardware
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging hardware, working with test equipment, soldering, etc.
- Familiarity with grounding, shielding and noise management in distributed systems
- Experience using, specifying and designing with brushless motor drives
- Experience with Python or MATLAB
- Ability to write, debug and/or review C and C++ software/firmware
- Experience with communication busses, their protocols, and interface hardware/software/firmware
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout software
- Design with sensors, encoders, as well as SPI, I2C, CAN and EtherCAT devices
- Electronic system architecture development and implementation
BS in Electrical Engineering or an engineering discipline
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.