Job ID 502152BR
Location Glendale, California, United States
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Walt Disney Imagineering
Date postedJun. 13, 2018
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software developers to create and deploy the next generation of show technologies that will drive our guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues.
The Walt Disney Imagineering Technology Studio Art & Media Pipeline team is looking for an experienced Engineer to help support our use of Shotgun. The Technology Studio is a group of technologists working within Imagineering to create and deploy software and software/hardware integration tools to help increase the capabilities of Imagineering art and design practice.
- Reporting to Media Pipeline Manager.
- Active team member supporting teams across WDI studio projects.
- Logging reports regarding product problems.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions for technical issues.
- Walking users through solutions.
- Reviewing product change requests.
- Learning about product updates and new technologies.
- Report defects or offer suggestions for product improvement.
- Understanding of digital art pipeline for VFX and/or video games.
- Ability to document decisions and requests, and ensure items are tracked and managed appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and juggle multiple projects.
- Strong communicator (written and spoken).
- Ability to interact well with a variety of personality types.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience using Shotgun
- Exposure to software used for production tracking and asset management (Shotgun, FTrack, Filemaker)
- Exposure to various workflows (VFX, Animation, Episodic, Commercial, Games )
- Experience with content creation toolsets (Katana, Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Sketchup, Modo, Unity) Exposure to Agile Software development environment with Jira
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino)
- Some understanding of theme park workflows
Must possess bachelordegreepreferably in some computer graphics or engineering related field or equivalent.
Post graduate degree or experience in video game, vr, or visual effects industry desirable