Industry: Energy & Utilities•
5 - 7 years
Posted 71 days ago
Position Specific Description
This position sits within the Power Generation Division which is responsible for all of NextEra Energy's non-nuclear generation operations, exceeding 40,000 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity. The plant is located in Yarmouth, Maine, and Cape Station on Portland Harbor in South Portland, Maine. Combined, the units total 800 megawatts. In addition to the responsibilities below, this person will train/coach teams of technicians in the safe operation and maintenance of power plants. They will also develop monthly reporting on generation and other site indicators.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Employees in this job lead a team of Technicians. Their team is responsible for the assessment, management, and planning of activities to ensure all plant or pipeline equipment is operational and available to support production requirements. Team responsibilities include technical support for daily operations, plant and process improvements, equipment acquisition, plant breakdown and analysis, and recommending corrective actions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides oversight to production teams in the area of daily operations, preventive maintenance, and reliability checks
• Coaches employees in safe work practices, craft skills, productivity, and training
• Develops and refines operations procedures, processes, and overhaul start up and shutdown
• Ensures that all production activities are completed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and consistent with PGD policies, procedures, and practices
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:2+ years