The Market Manager, Personal Trust is primarily responsible for the management and administration of all personal trust activities including custody, estate, trust, IRA administration, and investment agencies; establishes and monitors account assignments, productivity objectives, staffing levels, develops department plans and budget; primary contact for audit and regulatory issues regarding personal trust; Leads effort to expand trust and investment management services within area of responsibility. Also responsible for promoting departmental activities among centers of influence.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs and manages work of team personnel in the functional area; determines workpriorities and schedules work assignments; interviews and recommends candidates; evaluates, orients, counsel, and trains subordinate personnel and recommends associated personnel actions.
- May administer trust accounts of special significance, especially those of a more delicate or complex nature and confers with Administrators, co-trustees, beneficiaries, and attorneys regarding these accounts.
- Organizes and chairs required operational committees including local Administrative & Investment Review Committee to meet all regulatory and legal requirements; assumes responsibility for preparation of reports provided to market executive, executivemanagement and the various committees requested. May serve on other regional or national committees as assigned by Market Executive.
- Reviews trust instruments to determine duties and responsibilities of the Bank; Provides guidance to officers in implementing duties and responsibilities outlined in trust instruments; reviews and accepts/denies accounts on behalf of the bank within regulations and internal risk guidelines.
- Implements approved policies and programs to ensure regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction. Works closely with General Counsel, Internal Audit, and Regulatory Examiners to identify risks associated with administration of personal trust accounts and recommends actions and policies to minimize corporate liability and financial impact.
- Participates in business development activities and participates in joint calls with other Bank professionals.
- Establishes local client service and delivery standards consistent with Wealth Management policy and practices. Coordinates the consistent delivery of all investment management and administrative services in area of responsibility, including the service delivery of internal or external specialty asset managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Extensive technical knowledge of personal trust accounts, estate planning principles, taxation, and administrative procedures
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to deal with regulators, internal audit, and legal department
- Proven ability to represent the Bank within the local legal and professional community
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prepare and deliver persuasive oral and written report and presentations
- Excellent people and teamwork development skills
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degreeand 8+ years in trust management or 14+ years equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Degree
- Nationally-recognized trust school
- Experience in Estate Administration and/or Advanced Financial Planning
Req ID: 50149