Highly profitable mutual insurance company has retained The Carlisle Group seeking to hire a talented Personal Lines Underwriter. The client is seeking a talented underwriter with solid depth of knowledge in personal property to help continue their solid growth.
The Underwriting role’s primary function is risk evaluation and professional communication with independent agents who represent the company. May work from home within 100 miles from Home Office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review Personal Line risks to assess acceptability of risk
- Process all aspects of writing Personal Line risks including New Business, Endorsements, Renewal Business and Cancelations.
- Direct and effective communication with agents and internal staff
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Attentive to detail with an emphasis on digital organization
- Group collaboration within Underwriting Department
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to accurately interpret forms and coverage
- Research submitted information to validate accuracy
- Provide suggestions to improve process, updates to procedures, manuals and guidelines
- High functioning in a digital environment
- Report to leadership regarding interactions with agents
- Train technical aspects of position including communication, organization and risk eligibility
- Minimum 1-year Property & Casualty experience as an Underwriter
- Insurance Industry designation(s) and/or certification(s) (preferred but not required)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- P & C insurance industry fundamentals
- P & C insurance underwriting fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, Outlook and Digital Environment
- Work independently with limited supervision