At Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting we attract people who are passionate — about doing exceptional work, making a difference and contributing to the communities in which they live. Not only are our team members the secret to our continued success — they have also made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest.
Here are some more reasons why our employees made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest:
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Pension Plan
- Competitive Starting pay
- Banking Benefits
- Community involvement/volunteer opportunities highly supported and networking opportunities with Company Resource Groups
- Leading edge technology
- Great training and onboarding
Now let’s talk about the position:
As a Personal Lines Account Manager you will provide customer service to clients and support to sales consultants with the goal of client retention. You will utilize superior customer service skills to respond to client requests in methods that exceed their expectation. Serve as “inside” technical expert and client advocate with the carrier/TPAs/vendors. You’ll be responsible for managing the client and prospect needs by proactively initiating communication and/or resolution through introductory calls (introducing client to their service team, administrative procedures, and contact information), pro-active semi-annual service calls, and frequent updates during the life of an issue, client specific vendor evaluation, and/or program support.
- · Resolves and answers any client problem or question by being an “inside” technical expert and a client advocate with the carrier/vendors. Solve or advise on practical problems faced by clients and/or prospects in the areas of insurance. Deals with clients on routine, sensitive or urgent topics and be able to provide answers and advice either immediately or within a reasonable period of time. Interprets a variety of insurance laws, regulations, policies, procedures and convey the information to clients either directly or through written communication.
- · Maintains client and policy information in the customer management system. Which includes new business production and renewal plan documents.
Anticipates client needs and proactively initiates communication and/or resolution through introductory calls (introducing the client to their service team, administrative procedures, and contact information), pro-active semi-annual service calls (reviewing recent services, upcoming seminars/webinars, use of their technical services, etc.), and frequent updates during the life of an issue, client specific vendor evaluations, and/or program support.
- · Tracks and manages new business/rewrite submissions through the insurance company underwriting process.
Provides support and assistance to Consultants including, assisting with client service issues brought to the Consultant's attention; keeping the Consultant informed of insurance company underwriting procedures; setting appointments to meet with clients on renewals; obtaining claims experience reports and maintaining client files.
- · Backs up other Account Managers position in the department or agency personnel as appropriate. Organizes work flow to ensure quick, efficient processing of mail, work-in-process issues, and client files to maintain a “no backlog’ status.
What it takes to be a Personal Lines Account manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of customer service experience with at least 2 years’ of Insurance experience obtained in an insurance agency environment or with an insurance carrier
- Property Casualty Licenses preferred before start date.
If you are looking to grow your Insurance career, we have that great environment for you. Come join in the spirit of our success and join our team at Associated Benefits and Risk Consulting!