A New Haven County plaintiff's personal injury law firm seeks a Senior-level Attorney, who has tried PI cases to verdict, has management/supervisor experience,to lead their litigation department.
- 10 to 20 years personal injury law experience handling litigation matters in an outside law firm setting or similar in-house experience.
- Litigation & Trial experience (tried PI cases to verdict).
- Experience and connections in North Haven County and courts.
- Good standing with CT Bar.
- Supervisor and management of multiple attorney's and support staff is a MUST.
- Excellent pay with full benefits package.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for handling and/or managing a broad range of litigation matters and other disputes, primarily personal injury matters.
- Provide Litigation attorney's and support staff with legal advice and counsel on litigation risk analysis, pre-litigation dispute resolution, contractual and legal liability analysis, and a broad range of other litigation related counsel as necessary.
- Actively manage a wide range of pre-litigation cases and litigation matters both directly and through litigation team.
- Work closely with clients, outside counsel, law firm management, and other constituencies to the effectively and efficiently manage the company's litigation caseload.
- Provide legal advice on litigation case related issues.
- Provide legal advice and support to the management and litigation team.
- Strong client focus and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively work both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and to take on new responsibilities.
- Highest level of integrity, discretion and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including ability to communicate complex information in a succinct, easy-to-understand format.
- Computer savvy background and/or case management software experiencepreferred.
- PI defense litigation attorneys with management experience are urged to apply.
QUALIFIED ATTORNEYS WILL BE CONTACTED FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION