The Product Safety Manager, Personal Care is a key member of the Product Safety & Regulations team and is responsible for researching, evaluating, and communicating personal care compliance requirements for Gap Inc.’s expanding global markets. The Manager will contribute to policy-making to ensure that Gap Inc. is compliant with applicable cGMP, Safety, and Federal / State regulations. The Manager will collaborate cross functionally with Brand Product Development, Production, Legal, 3rd party Laboratories, and Vendors. Reports to Sr. Manager, Product Safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides training to Vendors and internal business partners on the Gap Inc. Personal Care Compliance program.
• Manages the daily testing process (MICRO, RIPT, Stability, QA Release, etc.). Appropriately escalates testing failures to Brand Partners, Vendors, and Senior Management.
• Researches safety and regulatory requirements in US and international markets to support global expansion (FDA, Health Canada, new markets, labeling etc.)
• Manages Vendor fill coding assignments after successful completion of cGMP audits.
• Works cross functionally with business partners on new product developments and attends weekly status meetings.
• Assists in the development of product specifications while working with Brand Merchandising, Production, and Laboratory teams. Review specifications annually and updates as needed.
• Provides risk assessments and consults with Gap Inc. Legal as necessary to enable the business to make decisions.
• Assists in personal care compliance manual updates and publications. Also, helps to create, organize, manage, and archive documentation for the cGMP documentation, product release, and stability programs.
• Performs other related duties as required by management which can include special projects or organizational initiatives.
• BS/BA degree required.
• Must have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in a cosmetics or OTC company. Knowledge of FDA and Health Canada regulations for cosmetics and / or OTC operations.
• Demonstrates research, technical writing, and communication skills in English.
• Ability to think strategically, creatively, and analytically. Ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative information.
• Ability to effectively partner and motivate across functions and with outside vendors.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to influence and resolve differing viewpoints.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.