Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Permit Specialist and Project Manager to support our established and still growing business areas in the Portland, ME or Boston, MA offices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high level support and strategic thinking for on-going projects addressing environmental concerns of renewable energy (wind power, solar power, geothermal), traditional energy, linear infrastructure (i.e., transmission lines and pipelines), and other types of projects throughout North America
- Perform due diligence and local, state and federal permitting for energy projects, including writing NEPA documents, mitigation plans, HCPs, ECPs, and other documents required under the ESA and other environmental rules, regulations, and associated permitting
- Support project development (i.e., work scopes, proposals and costs), compliance strategy development, and represent our clients in negotiations with regulatory agencies and promote a high level of technical competence in our work products. The position also provides the opportunity to manage projects
- Attend and present at conferences and other networking events to promote exposure of the company within the industry
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At a minimum a B.A. or M.S. in an applicable field (i.e., environmental science/policy, natural resources planning, biology, ecology or geography, or a closely related discipline)
- An advanced collegiate degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience in managing public, government, and/or commercial projects
- Strong technical leadership skills with established stakeholder relationships
- Excellent interpersonal communication, oral presentation, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic thinker, problem-solver, and technical report writer/editor
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience leading state, federal, and local environmental permitting related to diverse array of regulated natural resources, with a preferred focus on New England
OTHER DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Please highlight any of the following skill sets in your resume and accompanying cover letter:
- Applied knowledge of ecological assessment, environmental impact analysis, environmental due diligence studies, natural/biological resources management, and habitat conservation planning
- Leading permitting efforts at the federal and state levels, especially in the eastern U.S.
- Technical skills related to the assessment of wildlife, sensitive/protected habitat, or wetlands
- Experience in providing effective peer review of technical and client-oriented work products
- Demonstrated success in regulatory negotiations at the federal, state and local levels
- Ability to review, synthesize, and interpret biological resources information
- Experience with NEPA-compliant documentation (BA, EA and EIS)
- Experience with ESA (Sections 7 and 10) requirements and USFWS consultation process, CWA (Sections 401 and 404) requirements and permit process, and other state-specific environmental regulations
- Experience preparing and negotiating ESA HCPs
- Experience with environmental permitting related to wildlife, bats and/or avifauna
- Demonstrated success in technical scope development, budgeting, and pricing projects
- Project management experience (specifying the client sector, contract value, the scale of the project and personal roles)
- Examples of commitment to quality management, continuous improvement, and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, staff mentoring, project management, and client/business development
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com . Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.