The Permanent Task Force General Manager is responsible for the successful operation and administration of all hotel departments. The Task General Manager must ensure that all hotel departments are continually balanced, while focusing on providing an exceptional experience to every guest, maximizing department profitability and maintaining positive owner relations at the same time. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service.
This will be a remote based position.
- Leads the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all staff and management as well as business decisions are in line with the ‘Crestline Culture’, including the mission, values and guiding principles of the organization.
- Ensures the maximization of hotel revenue by anticipating market shifts and developing and monitoring annual business and marketing plans.
- Successfully balance the needs and expectations of guests, employees, corporate and ownership.
- Ensures the development of a realistic strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
- Active involvement in sales/revenue management; may include development of annual business plans/budgets.
- Coordinates capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image with the above property Operations Leader
- Reviews and approves accounting and management reports.
- Compares actual performance to planned performance, identifies variances and initiates corrective action.
- Conducts staff and employee meetings.
- Directly facilitates open employee communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
- Ensures all management positions are filled with qualified and talented personnel.
- Ensures established procedures are followed for employment/termination of personnel.
- Ensures that all hotel staff and management are in compliance with the training goals that are required by corporate and the brand (if applicable).
- Anticipates and documents capital expenditure requirements.
- Responsible for operating the property in such a manner as to conform to the accepted standards, policies and regulations of Crestline Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Ensures that the "Open Door Policy" is operative at all levels and employee morale is maintained.
- Work closely with executive committee members and department managers to develop them both personally and professionally.
- Previous Select Service Hotel Management experience Required
- Hilton or Marriott Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university/college plus at least eight (8) years of related experience; or High school diploma or equivalent plus at least ten (10) years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the above skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Computer skills required.
EEO/AA Employer Disclosure
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status.