*This position will have both certified and classified responsibilities.
TERM: 2018-19 School Year
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Intervention Specialist/Early Education of the Handicapped, required.
- Valid Ohio certificate/license required.
- Previous experience in working with students with special needs.
- Alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
POSITION DUTIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work effectively with children diagnosed with special needs and behavior challenges in an alternative educational program.
- Provides for individual differences through an individualized educational program that is evidenced in daily planning, class activities, and assessment goals.
- Provide appropriate educational activities and opportunities for children with a goal of enhancing their educational, social, and emotional growth.
- Assist in the preparation of teacher-made instructional materials.
- Set up and clean up specific centers in preschool classroom (art, music, fine motor, etc.)
- Assist the preschool teacher in supervising preschool children (for example: halls, restrooms, playground, during gross motor activities, snack/lunch, and boarding the bus).
- Help the preschool children with daily living skills (including, but not limited to: removing coat, zipping, buttoning, tying shoes, and toileting).
- Assist with behavior interventions and reinforcement activities as directed by the teacher.
- All other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Salary schedule placement commensurate with experience and training.
Summit Educational Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.