Description: Oversee the daily supply chain and facilities within Perioperative Services to ensure the operational readiness of the facility for patient flow and care and to provide a safe, secure physical plant for the provision of services to members.
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of materials and facility services including the timely procurement and distribution of equipment and supplies, disposal of bio-hazardous waste, and coordination of telecommunications and ITS systems. Establish procedures, and practices within organizational policies and service standards in compliance with relevant State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Supervise the Perioperative Materials Coordinators including hiring, training and development, coaching, counseling, and evaluating, in conformance with EEO/AA goals, personnel policies, and union contracts. Ensure effective staff utilization to meet staffing and workload requirements within budgetary guidelines.
- Manage, monitor, and coordinate vendors, maintain contracts and ensure compliance including consignment and the management of par levels.
- Coordinate all repairs and work orders, construction projects, and moves of office furniture and equipment (medical, telecom, and IS) throughout the Perioperative Departments, as well as preparations for meetings and special events.
- Participate in interdepartmental, service area and regional meetings and on committees and task forces to develop and implement programs and processes to achieve strategic objectives.
- Develop and monitor budgets (payroll, non-payroll, and capital) for assigned Perioperative Departments. Manages expenditures in alignment with budgetary guidelines. Work with the Accounting and Accounts Payable staff to ensure the accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual financialreports. Responsible for monthly reporting to the Perioperative Director.
- Address and resolve internal customer and member concerns regarding the safety and security of the Perioperative Departments.
Shift and working hours may change depending on the department needs.
Departments include ASC Largo, Endoscopy Largo and Capitol Hill
- Minimum four (4) years of work experiencerequired in a medical/clinical environment required.
- Minimum three (3) years of staff supervisionrequired.
- Minimum five (5) years in medical / clinical procurement or materials management required.
- Bachelor's degreerequired, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated competence with spreadsheets and word processing software (preferably MS Office applications) required.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills required.
- Two (2) years of experience with ITS and telecommunications systems preferred.
- BLS from American Heart Association is preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred.