Job DetailsJob LocationNV - Henderson - Henderson, NVPosition TypePeriodontistDescription
As a licensed dentist, a periodontist specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of periodontal disease, and in the placement of dental implants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures.
- Provide treatment of periodontal disease with surgical and non-surgical therapy and treatment.
- Place implants used to replace missing teeth.
- Supervise office staff, including hygienists, dental assistants, receptionists and other office staff.
- Adheres to safety protocols and processes including but not limited to ensuring protective equipment is utilized and OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
- Participate in morning huddles, chart reviews and routine office meetings.
- All other duties and responsibilities allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients on dental health.
- Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous demeanor with patients.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- DDS or DMDdegree, licensed in state in which practicing or have the ability to obtain licensure upon graduation.
- Completion of a periodontic residency program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
Periodontists work in areas that are highly visible and designed and furnished to make a good impression. Most work stations are clean, well-lighted, and relatively quiet. Work is sedentary in nature.