SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we’d like you to grow with us. We are the industry leader in perfusion—participating in over 100,000 surgeries each year in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and support nearly 600 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures.
With SpecialtyCare, you will be able to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients.
Growing through Training and Professional Development
Applicants to our Perfusion program must have completed a two-year master’s degree, a post-bachelor two-year training program, or be board certified.
We provide support for our perfusionists in preparation for the certification exams and continuing education opportunities through CEU-eligible industry events—including our own annual Mechanisms of Perfusion conference. Our experienced perfusionists enjoy training and mentoring new graduates, and we ensure that all of our clinicians remain current through regular clinical and non-clinical competency evaluations.
- You must obtain ABCP certification within two years of joining SpecialtyCare.
- New graduates with well rounded clinical rotations or Two years minimum of experience; five plus years of experiencepreferred.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital. The Successful CandidateThe successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.