Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking Performance Test Engineers to join our team in Lanham, MD.
Security Clearance: Active IRS MBI is Highly Preferred!
- Evaluate Non-Functional Requirement documents and identify performance test needs; types of tests, scripting scenarios, volume projections, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple groups to determine, gather and verify performance test needs
- Develop a workload simulation matrix and determine scripting scenarios
- Develop a Performance Test Plan/Strategy document that includes short and long-term test objectives, types of tests required, workload matrix, scenarios, etc.
- Develop test scripts and load projections needed to simulate virtual users
- Develop test execution scenarios for various types of tests such as load, stress, duration/endurance, and run tests.
- Administer deep-dive and methodic performance degradation diagnostics/troubleshooting and propose viable explanations
- Perform heap and thread analysis, database deadlock detection, understand and detect resource contention, etc.
- Suggest improvements and configuration changes that improve performance
- Document test results and develop custom made summary reports to satisfy both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and 9years of progressive IT experience. An additional 4years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4years of progressive performance testing and engineering experience.
- Experienceapplying extensive technical expertise in the area of performance testing and advanced scripting.
- Experience in developing multi-protocol (web, database, terminal emulator/mainframe, etc.) advanced scripts that follow object oriented framework using IBM Rational Performance Tester and HP LoadRunner (Performance Center)
- Possess full knowledge of industry standard SDLCs, including Agile methodology
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a Green Card for a minimum of 3years
- Experience with IRStax administration systems
- Experience with the Rational suite of tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
- Experience with HP Performance Center (LoadRunner)
- Experience with anyone of the following Application Performance Monitoring and Profiling tools; DynaTrace, Introscope, Tivoli, etc.
- Experience with Common Accessory ScriptingLanguage (CASL) in Attachmate
- Experience with SoapUI
- Experience with IBM mainframe (JCL/TSO)
- Experience with Unisys mainframe
- Possession of a current IRS background investigation