This position will be responsible for contributing to performance testing tools, systems, processes, and results in support of the Enterprise Quality Engineering group. Reporting to the performance test manager, this role will work closely with other engineering and operations leadership partners to participate in execution on the teams' goals and responsibilities. In addition, this role will directly contribute to the performance testing and engineering goals to deliver projects within the timeframes.
- Executes performance test projects in the support of the overall testing and quality goals of the organization.
- Using performance testing and engineering skillset is responsible to:
- Design and develop robust performance test scripts in Loadrunner and/or Apache JMeter
- Coordinate and assist with setting up and maintaining the performance test environment with necessary access and test data
- Execute the performance testing types including stress, load, soak, spike, fail-over, configuration, and isolation as applicable.
- Utilize/gain knowledge of Application Performance Management (APM) tools like CA APM, AppDynamics/New relic/Dynatrace etc to troubleshoot performance issues
- Coordinate with application owners, DBAs, middleware and other IT teams to identify bottlenecks, suggest and run exploratory tests and tune the system
- Perform browser level performance testing and analysis using HTTP watch/Dynatrace AJAX/Firebug/Brower developer tools/Webpage Test, etc
- Publish periodic production traffic patterns, review changes in traffic patterns and model workloads accordingly for testing and tuning
- Review post production issues, suggest and/or run exploratory tests and tune the system
- Determine the performance risk for project go-live
- Establish key and ancillary performance measurements to track performance per product end-to-end from the browser to the backend systems
- Monitor and collect platform level utilization metrics using standard OS monitoring tools like perfmon (Windows), *stat (Linux), nmon (AIX), etc.
- Automate test execution and analysis with any scriptinglanguage of choice like Perl, Python, Shell, PowerShell, DOS etc.
- Executes on performance testing of software and confirmations to the business of status and outcomes
- Executes internal and external performance testing according to project/release scope and time expectations adhering to the quality goals of the organization
- Leverage established best practices, standards, tools, and processes in workflow
- Works closely with cross functional teams from internal departments
- Communicate performance results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of programming, test automation, manual testing, writing test plans and test cases or related work experience.
- 4+ years with specialization in performance testing tools like LoadRunner or JMeter or Silk Performer
- 2+ years of experience with any application monitoring like CA Wily, Appdynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
- Strong platform knowledge for web-based, mainframe and/or client server applications.
- Solid organization, time management and judgment skills
- Experience working on Agile team, understand Agile team concepts in practice
- Exposure to performance engineering and profiling
- Exposure to basic concepts in J2EE/.NET frameworks
- Exposure to GIT/SVN and other source code management tools
- Exposure to scriptinglanguages like Perl/Python/Shell/PowerShell.
Job Number: 041222