The Performance Support Engineer will be responsible for performance and load testing the UAT website to validate baseline performance metrics. This position will utilize performance testing tools generate and execute scripts based on business and IT scenarios. Additional duties will include helping the operations during product launches, reservation and other heavy load events.
- Provide performance test script a) development, b) execution, c) analysis and d) reporting related to capacity planning, performance validations and functionality of our new and existing programs.
- Lead troubleshooting and tuning exercises- work independently most of the time- hands-on position- end to end performance testing.
- Design and implement re-usable Performance test scripts using industry standard tools
- Design, develop and implement modular and reusable performance testing solutions that satisfy the performance testing requirements
- Create and execute performance test scripts, cases, and scenarios that will validate system performance according to workflow and load specifications
- Produce reports and documentation for all performance testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking to all stakeholders and leadership
- Frequently communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to team members and management
- Develop/enhance and document performance testing methodology
- Analyze and dissect business requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results
- Establish and maintain test cases and test data
- Work closely with Application Development teams to identify and resolve performance issues.
- Help ECommerce Operations Development team in their responsibilities during launch and reservation events.
- Documents operational processes, and assists in the creation/maintenance/execution of the run book for testing.
- Serve as on-call escalated support person as part of a rotation where on-call response duties will cover regular business hours, nights and weekends on a scheduled basis.
- Prioritize and track all defects/issues to resolution related to testing and escalate to Manager as appropriate
Required Education and/or Experience:
BA or BS degree in a business or technical field of study from a four-year college or university, 2 - 3 years’ Application load and performance testing experience; or an equivalent combination of education of experience. Previous experience with eCommerce software application performance testing preferred.