Role and responsibilities:
The engineering team responsible of the performance systems is looking for a strong programmer, Technician or Programmer Analyst to support the toolset used to ensure our simulators conformity. The position holder tasks expected, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Support the engineering vehicle-performance team : Flight, Autopilot, Flight Control and Engine, for the manufacturer data conversion onto CAE’s format(s).
- Release fully functional SW releases.
- Owner of the performance tools: implement fixes and new development to improve the tools and fulfil all needs.
- Maintain the backlog of work (snags and new development) and provide a resolution plan with estimated completion dates.
- Propose and develop solutions to fulfill the performance users needs.
- Technical College degree or Bachelor in computer science;
- Good knowledge of software languages Java, Perl, C, C++ and C#; Python is a plus.
- Excellent ability to analyze the root causes while troubleshooting issues;
- Basic knowledge of computer networking;
- Good sense of responsibility, autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Good sense of organisation and planning;
- Able to work well in a team;
- Good knowledge of MS-Office tools and suite;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.