Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for leading a One KCNA approach to digital marketing capability planning and adoption while ensuring both short and long-term BCC strategies are being enabled across people, process and technology. Accountable to deliver solutions and accelerate adoption to transform how KCNA evolves the experience and engagement with consumers. Responsible to surface measurable results and drive action to optimize, enhance, and achieve objectives. Influence the consumer engagement and brand-building investments to deliver on brand strategies, growth objectives, and other relevant business results. This role is critical to our KCNA digital transformation because it is accountable to ensure both One KCNA and BCC priorities are accurately represented and supported with strong business cases in the Global Marketing Capabilities products. Upon delivery of global capabilities, this role is accountable to drive adoption, empower the brand teams, and maximize value within BCC. This role will partner with many cross functional stakeholders including KCNA brand and RSL teams, KCNA and Global ITS, Global Marketing Capabilities, and external agencies.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and activation of capabilities available to KCNA brand teams. These may be existing capabilities or those being delivered from the Global Marketing Capabilities team via global products/platforms. Empower brand team adoption. Accelerate and unlock our One KCNA consumer first approach to empower accelerated business results: Acquisition, Activation, and Measurement.
- Design and implement One KCNA marketing capability solutions in partnership with cross-functional team members and extended partners. Enable brand team adoption and standard work.
- Build and create KCNA digital marketing capabilities to drive our digital transformation, enabling growth through acquisition, activation and measurement of first party consumer data in a shared platform.
- Establish operational goals and objectives for KCNA digital marketing, driving forward the measurement of KCNA use of first party data.
- Define, establish, and communicate a Performance Marketing operational plan that has the breadth of KCNA coupled with the depth required to deliver on brand strategies. Focus efforts and resources to achieve objectives with longer-term impact on business results.
- Synthesize KCNA brand goals, global marketing capabilities product roadmap, and the KCNA Performance Marketing adoption and activation plan to ensure it will deliver across people, process, and technology in support of sector and brand strategies.
- Accountable for documenting and communicating KCNA and BCC capability requirements, business benefits, and relative priority to the KCNA Performance Marketing Team Strategist to then be represented and accurately reflected within the global product delivery plans.
- Lead and/or collaborate as an active participate in marketing capability RFI/RFP/Pilots to ensure a One KCNA perspective is applied while also supporting BCC specific needs. Thoroughly document, articulate value, and evangelize RFI/RFP/pilot findings and results to extend opportunities across KCNA.
- Recommend, articulate, and support brand opportunity and readiness to pilot or become an early adopter of capabilities.
- Influence audience-first brand campaign planning and execution:
- Responsible to facilitate across our BCC brand teams and agencies to ensure we are achieving the sufficiency, efficiency, and effectiveness in our annual campaign planning and execution. Apply a One KCNA lens to potential opportunity and make recommendations that extend beyond BCC.
- Influence strategic partnership actions within supplier Joint Business Plans in partnership with Global Marketing Capabilities and ITS.
- Track and analyze performance in relation to clickstream, paths, transaction, product, marketing channels, and/or consumer data using appropriate analytical methods to continuously improve sufficiency, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Collaborate for awareness of retailer specific shopper digital initiatives. Integrate and make visible retailer initiatives to ensure our BCC teams can factor them into the complete consumer experience and engagement (paid, owned, earned).
- Leverage deep understanding of the digital landscape to influence decisions, make recommendations, and build the talent within our brand teams.
- Partner with Insights & Analytics to raise awareness, availability, and adoption of measurable results across the entire consumer engagement ecosystem (paid, owned, earned).
- Deliver data driven insights to influence change, optimize, and improve measurable results. Integrate into business processes and standardize as appropriate across KCNA.
- Leverage consumer data to find the right consumers to acquire, engage, retain and reactivate through various marketing channels. Drive the codification of the KCNA approach to ensure measurable results are captured, visible, and adopted into business processes.
- 10-15% of time travel may be required.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, Marketing Capabilities or ITS.
- Strong program management and organizational skills being able to manage multiple initiatives at once.
- Results focused, decisive, collaborative, and has the capability to build talent.
- Proven effectiveness in operating within a highly matrixed organization. Ability to build collaborative working relationships with team members both internal and external across the organization.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert due to a deep understanding of digital marketing coupled with an analytic aptitude and a test-and-learn mindset.
- Ability to think big picture but also manage execution of multiple initiatives through engaging key stakeholders within K-C and with agency partners.
- Storyteller with the ability to synthesize analytic findings into actionable strategic recommendations.
- Bias for Action - Anticipates, identifies and acts on both short and long-term goals in achieving results. Actively seeks to find new insights to share across the KCNA marketing teams.
- Experience building and activating paid and owned media strategies.
- Data-driven, self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys compiling various data points to gain insights, formulate actionable plans, and implement initiatives to deliver results.
- Credibility and charisma to informally lead cross-functional agile teams to deliver on commitments.
- Ability to successfully drive cross functional partnerships.
- Strategic and tactical supplier relationship management.
- Large project experience.
- High degree of personal credibility and the ability to interface with and influence leadership.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skillset.
- Self-starter, critical thinker, highly ambitious, and deeply curious.