Our mission at Mighty Networks is to usher in a new era of creative business built on community. Our SaaS platform serves "creators with a purpose" selling experiences, relationships, and expertise to their members via community, content, online courses, and subscription commerce–all offered in one place under the creator's brand.
While we're looking for someone who understands the science and math of online marketing, we also want someone who appreciates that real people are behind the math. We need someone who gets people, and knows how to find our people–the creators, thinkers, and entrepreneurs –who today discover a Mighty Network and see unlimited possibilities for their business.
Scope and Responsibilities
As our first Performance Marketing Manager, you'll holistically track, measure, and optimize the ways people creating Mighty Networks find and use them successfully. In this startup role, you will collaborate with Mighty's CEO and leadership team to create and execute an optimal and efficient mix of online marketing investments.
Your responsibilities will range from planning, implementing, analyzing, and optimizing all online performance marketing activities around paid social and search, organic social and search, email, and more.
- Define, track, and evaluate KPIs across performance and direct response channels (email, SEM, SEO, podcast, retargeting, referrals, and existing members of other Mighty Networks).
- Oversee a growing marketing budget to drive revenue, achieve targeted ROI and maintain positive KPI trends; Determine monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts and budgets.
- Drive full-funnel paid and organic social efforts on the most effective channels where our creators live and work.
- Execute email marketing in close cooperation with our customer success team.
- Optimize and expand the content marketing and SEO/marketing system in place today. Oversee the expansion of keywords served in organic non-branded search–researching, growing, and optimizing keyword portfolios and bid management strategies through ad copy tests, landing pages, negative keywords, etc.
- Identify opportunities on site structure and content to drive increasing rates of conversion.
- Define and manage the right mix of internal staff to external consultants and agencies, managing the whole extended team to superior results.
- Deliver clear, concise, and reliable reporting on key activities to our leadership team.
- Proven experience running in-house marketing strategy, campaign execution, and operations.
- 7+ years of experience managing a diverse set of performance marketing channels and site optimization in a small, cross-functional team. Ideally, you're coming out of a B2C SaaS platform or retail/ecommerce background.
- Analytical skills and comfort conducting ongoing experiments across campaigns and site optimization. The ability to set up and run statistically significant tests across all of our efforts is a must.
- High-energy, self-starter who isn't afraid to take risks or try new things. You're confident in the insights you can generate quickly from your well-defined, well-structured experiments.
- Experience managing direct reports and agencies to well-defined, well-executed results.
- Enough technical familiarity with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, email, DR referral tracking, Google Analytics, and BI (Looker, in our case), such that you can oversee a team driving these areas forward to superior results.
- A strong statistical, technical, or analytic degree or background preferred.