The Performance Marketing Manager - Brand Media is responsible for partnering with our world-class media and creative agencies to deliver media strategy, execution, and subsequent performance for our category-leading brands, including Scotts, Miracle-Gro, and Ortho. In short, the role is responsible for upper-funnel and lower-funnel media executions, from TV to Social, to drive category and share growth.
As an expert for brand-focused media, this position will work with external agencies and internal stakeholders to deliver media strategy, operations, execution, and optimization. Our typical media investments include, but are not limited to: linear/network TV, terrestrial/streaming radio, programmatic display/video/OTT, partnerships, content programs, social, and search.
This individual will work closely with a range of internal teams, including Brand, Insights and Strategic Planning, Creative, Finance, and Analytics, to ensure all media executions align to objectives, are budgeted appropriately, and measured to the fullest extent possible.
This is a critical consulting and collaborative role, identifying, driving, and executing best practices and media measurement techniques, analysis, and reporting. You will help measure the performance of audience-led campaigns against marketing communications objectives, illustrate the return on investment, and provide insights into improving performance. Additionally, you will analyze, evaluate, and synthesize media campaign data for in-flight and post-campaign optimization.
- Define clear media strategies and goals for both in-store and online traffic drivers
- Help drive optimizations and business decisions based on market data identifying/establishing media’s key performance indicators of success and providing actionable recommendations
- Take a data-driven approach to manage media, providing direction and strategy to optimize multiple paid channels to drive day-to-day and long-term results.
- Operate as the primary contact and lead day-to-day media agency relationship(s).
- Work closely with our media partners to keep up with key trends and new features and optimize each media platform.
- Manage media pre-campaign workflow and timelines, including operational project tasks, creative deliverable tasks, and creative asset execution timelines to ensure on-time launches for all programs
- Act as a direct, timely point of contact for between our brands and internal agency and be subject matter expert for advertising related to media planning, platforms, and implementation, specifically:
- Ensuring learnings and organizational priorities are aligned with and reflected in media campaigns and channels.
- Practively reviewing media performance insights regularly and collaborate on new targeting initiatives or message testing.
- Leading the development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly media performance for each brand/business unit
- Evaluating media impact in the end-to-end user experience across multiple channels.
- Partner with finance, insights, and external partners to deliver media mix analysis regularly.
- Closely collaborating internally and externally to ensure measurement frameworks and strategies are established, in place, stewarded and completed for all initiatives, and leveraged for continuous improvement against business goals.
- Develop a consistent, structured, and scalable rapid-cycle digital test approach that yields actionable information to drive performance across audience targeting, creative/messaging, and media channels.
- Partner with the analytics team and agency to ensure essential business needs translate into KPI-focused media activities (e.g., Viewability, Conversion Rate, Click Thru Rate, Cost per Acquisition, ROI)
- Interpret media performance, testing results, and analytics to turn data and information into actionable insights and business recommendations across all organization levels.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or relevant professional experience) in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business, or related field.
- 6-10 years of progressive experience working in media, marketing, advertising, brand strategy, analytics, consulting, or similar roles – start-up or agency experience a plus.
- A rich understanding of digital advertising technology, algorithmic bidding, and other techniques and how they are best used to convert leads and drives CPG sales.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; adapting to changes in objectives, priorities, or budgets while minimizing the impact on momentum
- Experience in with CPG brands
- Proven track record of managing & driving KPI’s
- Excellent organization and project management skills; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated communication and executive presentation, storytelling skills (oral, written, listening)
- Proven success collaborating with multiple stakeholders and teams on projects
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.