Provides expertise, education, analytic and QA support for the development, utilization and implementation of a performance measurement learning system, including critical techniques in change management, and process improvement throughout the hospitals in the AHS. Serves as a resource and role model for other quality improvement specialists, and trains other leaders and end-users on performance improvement systems. Specific job duties include:
- Re-engineers or designs new process maps based upon statistical techniques, data analysis and direct observations of current under-performing processes to create clinical and operational recommendations to achieve established goals
- Collaborates with corporate/divisional/regional executives and hospital quality leaders to plan, develop and analyze PI project requirements and provides implementation support to local multi-disciplinary performance improvement teams
- Travels to provide on-site training and workshops across AHS for executives, leaders and clinicians to improve their competency in the application of performance improvement tools and evidence-based techniques in health care
- Leads teams through complex performance improvement projects providing a trouble-shooting and/or problem-solving expertise and skills as a master change agent
- Leads, designs, and implements unit-based and hospital-wide improvement initiatives utilizing a wide-range of tool sets including Lean/Six Sigma, Work-outs, FOCUS PDSA, and rapid-cycle change
- 8-10 years of PI or project management experience with demonstrated outcomes with 3-5 years Performance Improvement experience in a hospital or health system setting
- Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- Prosci or other change management discipline
- Master’s Degree, preferably in a clinical discipline, system performance engineering, industrial engineering, public health or healthcare administration
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of current issues in the healthcare environment preferred, particularly regarding healthcare quality measurement, outcomes studies, and patient safety.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experiencepreferred in healthcare operational improvement that impacts patient care and experience, related to hospital wide throughput efficiency.
- Proficient in developing and leveraging relationships within and across inter-disciplinary work groups including physicians
- Ability to compassionately confront challenging issues or participants, while making valiant choices and taking bold action in the face of opposition or fear
- Demonstrates strategic thinking to successfully navigate the spectrum of senior, executive leadership stakeholders, patients and front line clinical staff