Summary of This Role
Responsible for overseeing Application systems, architecture, design, data workflow, logical processes, and system interfaces. Assure synergy between software and hardware architecture to maximize that relationship. Determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct business reviews, document current systems, and develop recommendations on how to proceed with the applications. Responsible for ensuring optimal application and system performance.
What Part Will You Play?
- Collaborates with clients and other functional areas in the design of IT Roadmaps to illustrate architectural complexities and interactions of information systems. Analyzes, refines and documents the business requirements of the client. Analyzes existing system to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. Plans and designs information systems and implements updates within scope of established guidelines and objectives.
- Researches new technological advances to assess current practices for compliance with systems requirements. Recommends solutions to address current system needs, process improvements and controls. Assists in the Request for Proposal (RFP) and vendor selection process. Makes recommendations for future information system needs.
- Provides technical architecture and support across applications and guidance to other functional areas to define software/hardware requirements and in planning and delivering infrastructure. Analyzes infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Employs a thorough knowledge of required procedures, methodologies and/or application standards, including Payment Card Industry (PCI) and security related compliance to write or modify software programs to include analysis, writing specifications and code, program installation and documentation for use with multiple application/user database systems. Maintains information systems by configuring software and hardware, tracking errors and data movement, and troubleshooting.
- Solicits feedback from internal customers and IT teams to understand how well information systems are serving customers.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 6 or more years, and/or a high school diploma with 8 or more years professional experience with full life cycle design and development
- Required skillset:
- Pega 7.0+, J2EE, JBOSS, IBM Websphere, Strong infrastructure knowledge, experience in scalability of infrastructure, optimization CPU, memory, Garbage Collection, Strong Oracle DB knowledge.
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science or Information Systems
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review).
- Job Complexity - Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- IBM M/F Sys & Hardware Platform - IBM M/F Sys: COBOL, JCL, CICS, SQL, z/OS, DB2, IMS, Assembler, VSAM, XML, TSO/ISPF, MQ. Hardware Platform: HP Non-Stop Utilities, Scobol, COBOL, SQL, Enscribe, TAL
- IT Tools - M/F: Easytrieve, RSXX, CA-7, Metavante Custom Statement Formatter, Dialogue, Network Data Mover (NDM), Rational Developer of System z (RDz), IBM Debug tool for z/OS, IBM Fault Analyzer, IBM File Manager, IBM Application Performance Analyzer, GT Software Ivory BMS/TS, Syncsort, SPUFI. Distributed: Java, Struts, JSP, J2EE, Eclipse IDE, Spring, Ibatis, Cucumber, JBehave, Selenium, Bootstrap, ANSI C, Crystal Report, SSRS, Enterprise Library, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Ruby, BB Script, C++, MQ Web Services, EIB Security Transactions, ANT, AXIS, Design Patterns.