The Performance Engineer will work with the Factory Software team at Tesla providing test expertise and QA methodologies to the engineering team members. Our agile environment strives for best practices of tools development and test automation framework development suitable for platform testing and QA methodologies.
- Setup and maintain test environments
- Develop and maintain scripts and tools to load simulated test data to test environments
- Develop, integrate and maintain the most suitable test automation framework
- Design and develop system stress test, system performance test and system regression test
- Improve and document platform test strategies, procedures and processes
- Collect, aggregate and publish quality metrics
- Participate in platform feature development from design to construction and release; working together with product group and development engineers
- Designing and scripting performance load models in JMeter
- Identify & Analyze DB performance and network performance bottlenecks
- Influences organizational goals beyond a specific project.
- Execute performance test load and collect related resource data -- network, system utilization
- Ability to determine future performance needs and architectural changes based on the continued growth of the application.
- Experiencetroubleshooting complex software problems
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Demonstrated experienceworking with both functional and technical teams
- Ability and interest to work with open-source software stack
- 4+ years of solid experience with the .NET platform or Java Enterprise application development
- Experience in MS SQL, MySQL is required and good knowledge in query optimization and data analysis is required
- Evidence of Exceptional Ability
- Find root cause for application errors and propose /develop application changes
- Analyze performance issues and propose / perform application changes
- Have expert command of Git from both CLI and GUI and know all core commands.
- Have solid skills navigating a Linux environment
- Experience working in a spatially distributed team (i.e. both on and off shore).
- Must be willing to work in a highly dynamic environment (with tight deadlines and ever changing priorities).
- Passion and drive for Performance, Scalability and Reliability of all systems
Good to Have:
- Hands on experience with Coded-UI Scripts
- Hands on experience with Scripting ( Python, Shell )
- Experience with Automation
- Experience with APM solutions (having worked with "AppDynamics" or “Datadog” is bonus)
- Hands on experience of JMeter or Locust scripts.