Are you interested in being part of a new team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading technology for searching machine data? Splunk is looking for a Senior Performance Engineer. We're working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation, letting our customers have a single pane of glass for their data from sensors to web servers.
We are an engineering and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. We want you to help us build and expand new areas in search technology.
We are looking for an innovative performance engineer to ensure Splunk search is fast and scalable, able to handle terabytes of data each day across different deployment topologies. This is an opportunity to work with an industry leading team to meet the challenges of scaling a big data platform.
- You will conduct performance and scalability testing on the frontend web interface and Splunk core platform
- You will define, design, and implement benchmarks to identify performance regressions and bottlenecks
- You will deploy and lead clusters involving hundreds of nodes
- You will work closely with product management to figure out acceptable performance parameters
- You are an authority in an object-oriented scriptinglanguage such as Python
- You are familiar with performance issues (e.g., memory leaks) debugging tools such as Valgrind (backend), browser dev tools (frontend), or flamegraphs
- You have experience in metrics gathering and data generation
- You are comfortable in both Windows and Unix/Linux environments in terms of both tools and system administration
- You are an expert in a high level object-oriented language such as C++ or Java
- You are familiar with statistical measurements and methodologies
- You are familiar with CI/CD process and tools
- You are familiar with container technologies such as Docker.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment where new ideas are always welcome.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.