This is a hands on role for Performance engineering services across the lifecycle of a project, from design and workload analysis, performance test design, and performance test governance to providing recommendations to development teams on how to improve application performance. •Will need to define/review performance test planning and requirements. •Review and approve performance test reports and defects to ensure quality of delivery. •Create and define resource plans for performance testing tasks. •Interact with Business, PMO, development team and other stakeholders •Provide coordination for post-production warrantee. •Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies to address performance risks and issues •Drive program through project governance methodology and ensure compliance to tollgates • Accurate and timely reporting of the project portfolio against plan •create and contribute to key performance artifacts: project plans, performance test plans, stakeholder communications, and resource and time management. •Ensure adherence to Citi-Wide Performance testing standards •Obtain performance testing sign-off for all deployments into the production environments.
More than 10 years of experience in Performance Testing/ java development.
- 10+ years’ experience of technology experience and 4+ years’ experience in financial industry.
- Strong knowledge of Performance monitoring tools, including Wily, AppDynamics. Splunk knowledge is a plus.
- Hands on experience with HP Performance Center / Load Runner, writing scripts and executing tests.
- Experience on WebSphere/WebLogic/JBoss/Tomcat ( JDBC/JMS Configurations , Tunable settings)
- Experience on IDE ( Eclipse/ STS), Build tools Maven/Subversion
- Identify performance bottlenecks, including deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load.
- Experience leading performance certification on complex projects and programs
- Jenkins and continuous integration scripting is an advantage.
- Experience working with micro services running Pivotal cloud is a plus.
- Experience working with Citi applications is a plus
- Proficiency with identifying bottlenecks and performance issues in mission critical global applications using distributed technologies is a plus
- Works well and respects other disciplines of the project teams.
- Ability to manage risk appropriately.
- Excellent technical written and verbal communications skills with experience translating performance defects to business users.
- Ability to thrive in team-oriented, fast-paced environment skills.
- Ability to prioritize individual and team tasks and projects so that deadlines are met.
- Ability to work directly with projects stakeholders, including PMs, Developers and the Business, to ensure alignment with wider project schedules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – Create and deliver presentations and documents
- Demonstrated leadership in key significant projects and diverse teams