?Job Title: Performance & Emission Tool Development Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Waterloo, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- May require a bachelor's degree. Requires 4-6years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- As a Performance & emission Tool development engineer for John Deere Power Systems, located in Waterloo, IA, you?ll design, develop and test P&E processes & tools to maximize P&E efficiency. In addition you?ll be responsible for-
- Develop and maintain professional working relationship with P&E engineers and network with other functional groups (Emission Compliance, Application Engineering, After-treatment team, Engine engineering, etc.) and understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvement within current P&E processes and workflows, propose ideas and develop solutions to improve P&E efficiency
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate business, functional and technical requirements.
- Independently design, develop, implement, test and maintain automation and process improvement tools
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools and fixing reported bugs
- Mentor others in the team and assume training responsibilities when necessary. Support users by preparing documentation/user manual, assist with tools, collect feedbacks and fix bugs as per need.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What skills you Need:
- Experience in application development, database design and testing
- Experience analyzing, translating and defining business requirement into technical solutions
- Experience in agile and team environment
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written and thrive on solving problems
- 2+ year?s working experience in java application development, infrastructure and IT security
- Knowledge in JAVA, Spring MVC, MATLAB, SQL Server, SharePoint, Workflow, VB, HTML5, Business Object
- Bachelor?s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- The information content is not intent to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individual?s performing the job. The qualification detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.