Job ID: JR0182310
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Other Locations: US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Experienced HirePerformance Architect (High Performance Computing)Job Description
The High-Performance Computing (HPC) group within Intel's Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Group (AXG) defines, delivers, and markets products that are critical to customers in Cloud, Government, Academia, and Industrial market segments. These products help end customers gain insight into and discover solutions to their most important problems. AXG products enable a broad range of breakthroughs: from cutting edge film making and animation, to scientific discoveries, weather simulation, to success in investment banking, to breakthroughs in manufacturing from small businesses to the largest industries.
As an HPC Performance Architect
, you will be part of HPC system performance and optimization team, optimizing workloads for exascale systems, carrying out performance analyses for different system architecture scenarios.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research and development of techniques for hardware acceleration, as well as software optimization of HPC and AI applications
- Utilize simulation and measurement techniques to identify performance bottlenecks in software, processors and system interconnect
- Evaluate different fabric topologies and topology aware routing algorithms for best application performance
- Occasionally work with our US Government research partners to define technology directions and to demonstrate the viability of prototyped technology
This position may involve work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements: If you are a U.S. citizen, the government may require that you certify that you are a U.S. citizen. If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical / Computer Engineering with 4+ years of relevant industry experience in one, or more of the following:
- Architecture knowledge in one or more of the following areas: processors, accelerators, distributed systems, high-performance fabrics
- Developing or using performance simulators
- Programming in high level languages such as C/C++/Fortran
- Parallel programming using openMP and MPI
- Use of performance profiling tools such as VTune, MPI profilers and HPC toolkit
Inside this Business Group
- PhD in Computer Science or Electrical / Computer Engineering with 2+ years related experience
- Knowledge of HPC or datacenter architectures
- Queuing theory and development of analytical models' knowledge
- Computational math, numerical methods and linear algebra
- Programming in scripting languages, such as Perl, Python or bash
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.Other Locations
US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and CanadaPosting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here
USExperienced HireJR0182310Santa ClaraIntel Architecture, Graphics, and Software