Data is the currency of business in the digital era. NetApp is the data authority, helping customers leverage and manage their data wherever it resides ? in the cloud, in their data centers, or anywhere data flows. Engineers at NetApp help transform the way customers utilize their dynamic, diverse, and distributed information. They are allowing doctors to save lives with deep data analytics shared with medical experts around the world, helping automotive engineers improve autonomous vehicle navigation with artificial intelligence, enabling scientists to monitor and identify environmental hazards through deep image analysis, and providing companies the ability to expand their businesses in yet unimagined ways.
As a Performance Engineer by joining NetApp, you can take part in transforming how data is changing the world. ONTAP is the #1 Storage Operating System in the world, managing 100's of Exabyte's of customers information. We have more than 30000 customers today that rely on us to be the data authority. Take part in the transformation that is changing how we work and play daily.
A strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, operating systems, data structures and standard programming practices is a must.
- Provide performance characterization and analysis of the features and components of storage systems products
- Apply analytical abilities, computer architecture knowledge, and software/systems design knowledge to analyze performance of proposed designs
- Find and resolve performance issues and performance regressions in the product
- Tune existing designs for benchmark results and collect measurement information for future systems development
- Resolve potentially complex performance issues in the customer environment, if escalated from the support organization
Additional Skills Required:
- Possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior and more junior engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to estimate work completion as required to build a high-confidence overall plan
- Creative and analytical approach to complex problem solving
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 7 years of experience, or a Masters Degree with at least 5 years of experience, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with at least 3 years of experience, or equivalent experience is required