The Advisor of Performance Analysis, is responsible for serving AARP’s regional and state leadership and staff with reporting and analysis that tracks progress against strategic and operational goals. This person needs to work collegially and collaboratively with all stakeholders and manage clients’ data analysis needs.
The person in this role serves as a strategic advisor to the Director, Planning & Performance Analysis, and the leadership across CSN. His/her duties include: developing, maintaining, and enhancing data collection platforms and reporting processes; collecting information from multiple and complex data streams; packaging data in meaningful ways for audiences who are not data experts; extracting key insights to steer informed decision making through analytical supports, and framing stories of impact delivered by CSN’s state and community programs/initiatives on the 50-plus population.
• Initiates and executes analysis plans.
• Provides data collection, reporting and analysis support for AARP’s social mission work at the state and local level.
• Packages performance data for management reporting, insight sharing, and storytelling of impact from the state and community level activities.
• Provides effective guidance and training to help stakeholders collect accurate data that reflects the progress towards set objectives.
• Reviews and evaluates initiative/program successes against intended outcomes, identifies opportunities for test-and-learn, and recommends course corrections.
• Provides customized client service, training and education support related to data management, analysis, and reporting to the leadership and staff of the AARP regional and state offices so that they can develop targeted and effective strategies to meet goals, reduce costs, and heighten and broaden program impact.
• Demonstrates AARP’s organizational character (our purpose, role, values, brand expression) in all interactions.
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in business management, business administration or other field aligned to the development of strategies, success measures, and monitoring of outcomes.
• 8+ years of related experience or a combination of education and experience in the areas of business analysis, marketing analysis, consulting or other management reporting field.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to inform, educate, motivate and work with others at all levels to ensure high performance and achievement of strategic goals.
• Strong communications skills, including clear and concise writing and presentation for executives, and translation of complex data into understandable insights and stories.
• Strong problem solving skills and facilitation skills with creativity, adaptability and flexibility in dealing with process or programmatic challenges and options.
• Expert use of data management and visualization tools such as Excel and Tableau, including the ability to perform calculations, create pivot tables and graphs.
• Experience in developing data collection systems such as SharePoint is a plus.