Visteon is a global company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of instrument clusters, head-up displays, information displays, infotainment, audio systems, telematics and SmartCore™ cockpit domain controllers. Visteon also supplies embedded multimedia and smartphone connectivity software solutions to the global automotive industry. Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, Visteon has approximately 10,000 employees at more than 40 facilities in 19 countries. Visteon had sales of $3.16 billion in 2016.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce
A top-three cockpit electronics player delivering a rich, connected cockpit experience for every car from luxury to entry.
PERCEPTION TESTING ENGINEER
Located at Grace Lake Corporate Center (GLCC) in Van Buren Twp., near Ann Arbor, Michigan, the Perception Testing Engineer will directly report to Visteon’s Head of Perception Team. Although the work location is in Van Buren Township, the Perception Testing Engineer works with a globally dispersed team.
- Coordinate and synchronize the Testing for the perception team into the ADAS System following the Agile development approach
- Ensure perception related artefacts are timely, completely and functionally correct integrated into dedicated vehicles (cars)
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured Testing reports
- Participate in the software, hardware and system Testing
- Development of software for automation and optimization of the Testing process
- Cooperation with test engineers and preparation of systems for verification tasks
Degree Strongly Preferred: Master’s degree in Informatics, Electrical Engineering or degree in, System Engineering, and Computer Engineering or similar.
- Master degree in Informatics, Electrical Engineering, System Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience in coordination and synchronization of work between engineers
- Research and/or development experience in robotics, automated driving and distributed systems
- Experience with ADAS test vehicles and the Testing of HW & SW into them
- Experience with System Simulation for Testing purposes in the field of ADAS / Automated Driving
- Experience with agile development, test driven development and continuous Testing
- Experience with Linux, Autosar and QNX
- Experience with Middleware and software frameworks like ros and DDS
- Language skills: Fluent in English
- Willingness and capability to travel regularly between ADAS development sites
- Valid driving license for U.S.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with a global team that crosses a variety of cultures. Because team members reside in numerous time zones, the work schedule may require flexibility and meeting during the early morning or evening hours.
- Must be able to effectively work with little or no immediate supervision on several different projects at one time and meet the required deliverables on time, per specifications / standards, and on budget.
- This role requires some (<20%) travelling
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.