We are looking for PeopleSoft techno - functional Consultant for our client in Atlanta, GA
Job Title: ??PeopleSoft techno - functional Consultant
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
- We are seeking a functional PeopleSoft Consultant with extensive experience configuring and working with the PeopleSoft 9.2 Project Costing module.
- The candidate should have extensive PeopleSoft Version 9.2 expertise in Project Costing, with a clear understanding of integration points with other financial modules (Grants, Contracts, AR, GL, AP, PO and Commitment Control) and how to best facilitate external integration points as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing the implementation and configuration of the PeopleSoft 9.2 Project Costing module while teaming with Functional Business Analysts and the Technical Team, to ensure the industry best practices and unique business processing needs of client within PeopleSoft are facilitated.
- Requirements gathering, design analysis, configuration and implementation of 9.2 functionality within the Project Costing module.
- Creating the Functional Design Documentation and Interface mapping documentation for Project Costing.
- Evaluation of existing customizations in 9.2 and the leveraging of PeopleSoft 9.2 improved functionality, including evaluation of different configurations and customizations for business process streamlining and automation.
- Project Costing Configuration, Design and Build.
- Identification, documentation, and reporting of project risks to Project Manager and Project Team to determine the appropriate response strategy.
- Lead the Project Costing design sessions by developing solutions to meet the business requirements, assessing Fit/GAPs, new functionality and making recommendations.
- Collaborate with other modules? BAs, monitor tasks, prioritize, and optimize implementation efforts where needed to meet project milestones for Project Costing.
- Development and document Project Costing test cycle scripts and scenarios.
- Evaluates the current PeopleSoft 9.2 system to understand configurations and customizations then determine a Keep/Drop customization list and an improved future configuration state.
- Conducts Joint Application Design requirement sessions with Project Team while assuring accurate and complete documentation is collected and retained as part of the project archive.
- Ensuring consistent use of standardized processes and forms to manage project documentation, including but not limited to, Functional Design Documents, Key Design Decisions, Change Controls, Risk Registers, Scope Documentation, Configuration Documentation, Business Process Flows and other project documents as needed.
- Assist with the design and creation of security including modifications to existing roles and responsibilities and the creation of new roles and user preferences needed for Project Costing.
- Support training and organizational impact activities including training plan, organizational impacts assessment, training content, and prepping training team for delivery.
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner while keeping project stakeholders informed.
- Provides various administrative services and reports necessary to control the project budget, schedule, scope and quality.
- Ability to research, analyze information and make recommendations.
- Ability to determine functional needs and system requirements.
- Ability to develop solutions based on analysis.
- Ability to evaluate existing systems and understand their structure and component parts.
- Knowledge of applications and inter-relationships with programs and/or systems.
- Ability to prepare models, diagrams and layouts.
- Ability to document project standards and methodologies.
- Ability to apply standards and methodologies.
- Knowledge of customer needs and gather business requirements.
- Knowledge of data extraction methods.
- Ability to analyze system and data to determine extent of problem or error.
- Ability to work with other IT units/staff to diagnose problem.
- Ability to communicate information to stakeholders and customers.
- Ability to develop effective and feasible business area solutions.
- Ability to review and interpret installation/upgrade notes.
- Ability to create testing plans and scripts.
- Ability to execute test scripts.
- Ability to develop training courses for target audience.
- Ability to conduct training sessions.
- Ability to develop training manuals.
- Ability to assist in the research and analysis of information.
- Ability to coordinate between multiple workgroups.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with PeopleSoft Project Costing, Grants and GL modules
- 5+ years of Oracle DBMS SQL experience
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Information Systems or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with MS Office products (Word/Excel/Visio), full life-cycle development methodologies, and functional specification development
- 4+ years of experience in Public Sector
- Prior experienceworking with the PeopleSoft Financials system
- Experienceworking with PeopleSoft technical tools such as Application Designer, Application Engine, Peoplecode etc.
- Translates business needs into business and functional requirements
- Conducts application design and architecture component configuration for related modules/business processes
- Writes and interprets functional and business requirements as an input to application design
- Develops and tests detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
- Completes tasks in an efficient and timely manner, and reporting progress at least weekly to the implementation Project Manager, Project Sponsor, or designated employee
- Seeks innovative approaches to improve the process of delivering PeopleSoft financial accounting and reporting solutions to customers