The PeopleSoft Administration Specialist will be responsible for Installing and Maintaining computing environment involving PeopleSoft system including installing and commissioning the environment, applying patches and upgrades as delivered from time to time, monitoring system performance and integration of the system with all other interfaces and PeopleSoft modules
- 4+ years of experience as a PeopleSoft Administrator
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with all technical components of PeopleSoft including installation, administration and tuning of the PeopleSoft FSCM application including a key role in at least one new implementation
- Proven experience in Maintenance and troubleshooting the PeopleSoft environment which includes the database, database servers, application servers, and web servers
- Experience handling multiple modules within PeopleSoft application including GL
- Establishes PeopleSoft system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WANnetworks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains PeopleSoft system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures PeopleSoft system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Exposure to Oracle OBIEE Tools, Hyperion Essbase, Planning & Forecasting tools
- Exposure to Unix shell scripting, Oracle database handling
- Strong knowledge of application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
- Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts effectively (storyboards, screen prototypes, etc.)
- Experience with user interface and design
- Conceptual knowledge of data modeling and database design
- Experience with testing execution
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed - works effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to effectively work on multiple tasks
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic
- Fast learner and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Understand the high level business needs surrounding the PeopleSoft application gathering information, analyzing processes, assessing impacts, documenting detailed business requirements, creating configuration and design documents to support testing, go live/production support and subsequent hand over of knowledge.
- Ensure that any IT solutions designed, configured, developed and implemented satisfy the business requirements and manage traceability of requirements through design, configuration, development, and testing.
- Work with the Finance department and other stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
- Analyze, document, and communicate business requirements and processes.
- Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
- Evaluate customer needs/issues, analyze business processes, assist in evaluating alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions with technical staff.
- Help determine level of effort and time required for delivery.
- Develop and document business requirements from user perspectives.
- Ensure that business requirements are properly translated and satisfied in functional requirements and design. Assist with system design and data migration reviews as needed.
- Work with Developers and provide guidance as needed.
- Assist with development of test conditions, scripts, and test cases.
- Participate in testing, testing reviews and analysis of testing results. Assist with troubleshooting and providing recommendations.
- Effectively partner with Finance and other IT personnel to deliver solutions.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively to enable delivery and support of applications.
- Follow standard software implementation best practices relative to analysis, configuration, development and testing.
- Provide ad-hocreporting, data gathering, and feasibility studies to support project business justification as required for management review.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or IT
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Requisition ID: 20825