Scope: This position is a member of the IT HCM ERP team that provides application design, workflow, testing, training and support for a new enterprise-wide implementation.
Objective: Collaborates with customers, peers, technical and operations staff to ensure the successful configuration, data conversion, deployment, and support of PeopleSoft Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Absence Management, Human Resources, Recruitment, Time and Attendance in an environment that meets or exceeds established SLAs.
What you will be responsible for:
- Identifies user requirements and translates them into functional specifications with an emphasis on leveraging delivered functionality with little to no customization.
- Subject Matter Expert that assists all teams to achieve maximum utilization of delivered Oracle PeopleSoft system capabilities.
- Works with the Shared Service Center to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- Understands how to configure base table set ups and maintains documentation.
- Understands system and industry security requirements. Works with functional team, security team, and internal audit to ensure system security and data integrity.
- Understands reporting requirements and assists functional users to define requirements and select the best tools to meet the need.
- Understands interdependencies between human resources and payroll modules. Helps design and configure systems to ensure smooth and accurate data flow.
- Follows department standard methodology and procedures, including change control.
- Develops test plans in cooperation with functional colleagues.
- Performs system and integration tests to ensure application requirements are successfully met
- Assists with User Acceptance Testing and logging/resolving testing issues.
- Provide functional, reporting and technical support to business super users - identify, evaluate, research, resolve and/or escalate user problems. Responds promptly to customer questions and delivers training and business process documentation on ticket solutions where applicable.
- Manage communication to users on assigned tickets, track issues, ensure their timely resolution, and manage user expectations. Assists in prioritization of user requests.
- Owns assigned tickets, beginning to end
- Provides off-hours support as needed
- May perform some report development or modification. Support super users modifying and developing queries. Acts as a resource and liaison for users and reporting/BI developers.
- May perform data extracts, schedule system jobs, and support/maintain workflow.
- Troubleshoots integration or document imaging issues, resolving or escalating as appropriate.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to technical or vendor resources.
- Coordinates and/or participates in application releases and upgrades
- Maintain support and training documentation in UPK (User Productivity Kit)
- Participates in conversions and deployment of systems/modules, supporting functional and technical teams.
- Act as leader on simple to medium projects as assigned
- All other duties as required or requested
What you will need:
- 6-7 years functional/technical experience with several of the following PeopleSoft HCM modules required: Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Absence Management, Human Resources, Recruitment, Time and Attendance.
- Familiar with best practice Human Resources and Payroll business processes, preferably in healthcare, gained by working in the business units or in application support of these systems.
- Experience maintaining Human Resources and Payroll systems, preferably in an implementation capacity (Full project lifecycle preferred).
- Ability to anticipate potential problems, determine and implement solutions.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills. Ability to analyze business needs and translate into system requirements.
- Proven ability to work with all members of a project team, including business, technical, and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service, communication, analysis and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving many issues simultaneously.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, similar major, or equivalent business experience.
Technical skills and competencies:
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues using tracing, SQL, Application Designer, and PeopleSoft tables
- Can modify SQR and Application Engine Programs
- Advanced Verbal and Writing skills
- Knowledge of Analytical Practices
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with end user training
Job ID: 18013109