The Senior Data Analyst, FIN - Data Management will report to the Manager of this team. The Senior Data Analyst will be responsible for maintenance of data within Peoplesoft and other financial enterprise applications. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining the General Ledger and Project Costing Modules in Peoplesoft and other data management activities. The candidate will lead documentation of FIN - Data Management policies, business processes, and data definitions. The Senior Data Analyst must be detail oriented and effective in managing multiple and competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
The Senior Data Analyst will be expected to work independently and will act as a delegate of the Manager FIN - Data Management on various high level projects. The Senior Data Analyst should have strong communication skills and be able to forge relationships with people at all levels, create meaningful presentations and consistently meet project timelines. It is essential for the Senior Data Analyst to be a team player and be adaptable to changing priorities and tasks. Ability to learn and embrace new technology is critical.
1.Primary responsibility for maintenance of the General Ledger and Project Costing Modules in Peoplesoft Financials, including keeping data between GL and subsystems in sync
2.Strong troubleshooting skills and personal drive to analyze data and remediate issues that may occur on an ad hoc basis
3. Responsible for month end close processes including running the Grants allocationprocesses, any pending inventory transaction detail interface, and Disaster Recovery data
4. Responsible for the maintaining and running the Peoplesoft Consolidations processes
5. Part of the Peoplesoft UAT team which coordinates and smoke test various general ledger and project costing scripts before go live implementations
6. Monitors data quality and consistency across financial systems and reporting
7. Documenting and maintaining business processes and best practices
8.Maintenance of Peoplesoft trees to supportreporting and departmental hierarchy
9.Maintain the Data Management Sharepoint site
10.Provide cross training to other Analysts on the team and end users
11. Serve as subject matter expert/module for PeopleSoft General Ledger integrations including system upgrades or implementation of new features in the GL or PC modules
12. Develop and maintain Peoplesoft queries as needed on an ad-hoc basis
Bachelor's degree with a major in a business subject (e.g. accounting, finance, economics) or information systems/technology and minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and attention to detail are required. Must be well versed in Excel and past working experience with ERP environment application (PeopleSoft in particular) is a plus. Ability to work independently and take initiative to complete assignments as assigned is required