We are looking for PeopleSoft Deployment Lead ?for our client in Saint Paul, MN
Job Title: PeopleSoft Deployment Lead
Job Location: Saint Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The PeopleSoft Deployment Lead will be responsible for supporting the Project Management Office, establish a comprehensive deployment estimate and plan, and potentially assist in the deployment of the SWIFT 9.2 PeopleSoft application to client and relevant 3rd party interfaces.
- The purpose of this position is to develop a deployment methodology, provide accurate time and resource estimates and plans for test moves, infrastructure activities, and final deployment of the upgraded system.
- The Deployment Lead will actively lead, monitor and support the PMO in deployment planning of the upgrade PeopleSoft system.
- This role is expected to ensure key stakeholders are informed and engaged and ensures standard project management methodologies are used for the deployment.
- The PeopleSoft Deployment Lead must have experience leading deployments for large-scale systems implementation, modernization, or ERP deployments.
- The experience should be in highly matrixed organizations with a preference toward the public sector.
- Experience in setting up, monitoring, communicating and actively working a detailed and complex deployment plan are key elements to this position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain project deployment methodology
- Provide planning, estimating, and strategic planning support in major deployment planning activities
- Assist in identifying resource needs, test migration plans, infrastructure dependencies, and deployment risk matrices
- Manage and communicate deployment methodology across the various central and agency stakeholders and any relevant third parties
- Define, implement, and maintain project process guidance related to deployment
- Provide technical leadership to project resources and the client to meet deployment planning and eventually deployment deadlines and objectives
- Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Document and communicate the status of deployment plans and deployment progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks concerning system deployment and maintenance activities, escalating them as needed
- Coordinate Project Team Communication
- Consistently provide support for internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success as it relates to deployment
- Ensure the project deliverables and plans are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the team
- Support the development of a detailed project schedule, project tasks, and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure for deployment related activities
- Support adherence to the approved project methodology
Mandatory Qualifications (A)
- 10years’ experience serving as a deployment lead in a large-scale technology modernization efforts or ERP (large-scale is consider >$5 million or >35 Staff)
- 7years’ experience developing and/or executing deployment strategies for enterprise software upgrades
- 5years’ experience with enterprise software project management
- Served as a Deployment Lead for at least 1 Public Sector (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, Municipality) or Higher Education system deployment in the last 5years
- Ability to work on-site 5 days per week
Mandatory Qualifications (B)
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financial Management Solutions (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) applications
- Experience working on large projects with teams exceeding 50 staff
- Experience managing software vendors
- Experience managing test and production moves
- Experience with all phases of an SDLC methodology (including design, build, test, deploy and stabilization phases)