PeopleSoft Oracle Administrator / DBA
Provide support for the HR PeopleSoft payroll application. The technical environment includes Oracle, PeopleSoft payroll, Linux, Microsoft Windows, active directory, and F5 network appliances. This position will be on a team that encompasses both technical and functional areas. The candidate will work closely with various operational support teams, development teams, project managers, vendors, and internal clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. PeopleSoft technical administration
- Provides administrative support for PeopleSoft tax updates
- Provides primary PeopleSoft middle tier support to include but not limited to:
- Patches, updates and fixes
- Installation, configuration, and support of PeopleSoft web, application, batch, and file servers
- LDAP integration
- Manages PeopleSoft security (metadata)
- Collaborates with corporate security and network administration teams to ensure seamless client connectivity
- Participates in securityaudits
- Provides client support as needed
- Collaborates with server team on F5 load balancer configuration
- Involved with extranet, internet, and intranet activities with PeopleSoft (i.e. eRecruit)
- Installs, configures and manages PeopleTools
- Maintains and monitors PS components such as BEA WebLogic, SSL, Tuxedo, Process Scheduler, Integration Broker and Application Messaging
- SMTP, FTP support when needed.
- Design, build, implement and manage self service eModules
- Monitors Windows operating system within the PeopleSoft environment
- Utilizes tools for system monitoring
- Responsible for providing technical support and expertise to Application teams
Provides customer consultation as needed to include, but not limited to infrastructure planning, database design, data mapping and conversion activities that meet functional and operational requirements as well as IT standards
2. Database Administration
- Monitor and manage storage
- Manage replication of database for disaster recovery efforts
- Create, configure , patch, tune and clone databases
- Install applications for database management
- Perform database backup and recovery duties; establish standards and schedules for database backups; develop and routinely test recovery procedures for each database; ensure that backup schedules meet the recovery requirements and conforms to all database and data quality policies and standards
- Provide 24x7 database administration support
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues in development, test and production environment
Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field and broad knowledge of relational databasetechnologies and middle tier management highly preferred. Job requires a minimum of a 4-year degree and 3 years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oracle DBA managing RDBMS 11.X, 12.X environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of People Tools
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft architectural environment to include People Tools, Process scheduler and middle tier components
- Demonstrated experience with Technical Architecture design
- Senior-level Oracle databaseexperience within the PeopleSoft environment
- Minimum of three (3) years Oracle database administration experience
- Minimum of three (3) years PeopleSoft technical administration experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft security
- Working knowledge of change control management
- Microsoft Server software products including operating system, Active
Directory related to LDAP configuration
- Oracle/PeopleSoft Development and administration tools (including
PeopleTools, Verity Search engine, Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, Data Mover, Component Interface, Change Assistant, PS Admin, Integration Broker and Query).
- Provide technical support during application upgrade effort which includes data conversion through full lifecycle.
- Experience with creating database documentation
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively communicate in oral and in writing with peers and customers.
- Working knowledge and use of RMAN for backup and recovery
- Basic knowledge of F5 load balancers
- Working knowledge of Oracle data guard.
- Working knowledge of Oracle advanced security
- Working knowledge of Oracle OMS