What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Partner with Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) to deliver in-house, and vendor based applications, in support of CSRE's management of the firm's global real estate infrastructure and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The candidate should have a strong engineering background with experience encompassing the full software development lifecycle across a variety of architectural stacks. The candidate will be involved in requirements gathering, design, architecture, implementation, testing and support for software solutions in the Technology Division. The candidate must have solid oral and written communication and organisational skills, and be comfortable in a technical role in a geographically diverse environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong academic record with Bachelor’s level or equivalent in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline required
• A successful track-record of delivering applications and the full software development lifecycle
• Intellectual curiosity and motivation to learn new technologies/skills
• Object-oriented analysis and design skills. Ability to use these methods in understanding business requirements and build sound solutions
• Able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions for the business
• Demonstrated leadership in delivering quality technology solutions / development processes
• Can manage multiple projects and use judgment to prioritize and escalate to influence objectives
• Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Using Agile methodologies
• Using Agile methodologies
• Continuous builds & associated tooling (Maven, Gradle)
• Database skills
• Mobile Development would be a plus
• Automated testing & tools (JUnit, JMeter, Cucumber, etc.)
• Secure Coding experience a plus