As a People Partner, it is our role to uphold Rivian’s purpose and values while supporting initiatives for business units, leaders, and employees through a variety of Human Resources strategies, processes, and programs.
- Proactive partnership and coaching with business leaders on employee performance and engagement strategies.
- Collect and analyze data themes and effectively create and communicate strategies and solutions to the business.
- Lead HR projects to support COEs across the business in activities such as annual compensation, job architecture, and more.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to functional leaders on management, recruiting coaching, career development, disciplinary actions and employee relations
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations and employees
- Suggest and implement new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Human Resources department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
- Prepares and facilitates employee separations
- Develop, plan and execute employee engagement activities such as trainings and focus groups
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, off-boarding and investigations.
- Oversee the maintenance of human resources records including new hires, transfers, terminations, job changes, salary adjustments, etc.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits, payroll, compensation, and all other HR disciplines.
- Partners with Human Resources subject matter experts to effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries and develop more effective programs and processes.
- In partnership with benefits, oversee the administration of leaves of absence, FMLA/STD/LTD, ADA, Workers Compensation to include documentation, reporting to third party, and communication to employee/manager
- Support other Human Resources functions as needed
- Four (4) year college or university degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Human Resources generalist experience in with exposure to different functional areas of the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of Human Resources, policy interpretations and legal requirements.
- Ability to compile information and analyze data to drive decision making.
- Possess a high level of problem-solving capability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise judgment in disclosing or withholding confidential information.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.