Are you a people person? Do you like helping others solve problems and navigate their own way? Eager to be on your toes in a dynamic workplace? We’re looking for a passionate, enthusiastic individual to join the Policygenius People team and report to the VP of People!
The People team is the mainstay of Policygenius’ values and culture--and our People Partner is our compass! You will collaborate with key stakeholders to craft and carry out people programs to foster employee fulfillment and organizational effectiveness. As a people ops leader, you’ll help to deliver high-impact initiatives, design fresh programs, and develop processes across a myriad of strategic HR functions--including people development, talent management, org planning, employee relations, HR compliance, benefits, and compensation.
You will get to play an integral role in developing Pg’s people strategy, enhancing people practices & culture, and building some processes from the ground up!
- Respond to HR-related questions and matters that span a bevy of areas (including immigration, benefits, and onboarding/offboarding) while wearing your compliance goggles (i.e. maintaining documentation, staying current on employment law, and leveraging outside counsel) where necessary.
- Collaborate with leadership and other relevant team members to guide people programs and talent model strategy--including performance management, compensation, talent development & feedback, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications.
- Partner with the VP of People to promote a culture of learning by supporting leaders and emerging leaders with unbiased perspective, counsel, direct & caring feedback in areas such as org design and planning to scale with Pg's needs.
- Provide coaching/guidance on skill-building, talent development, career pathing, change management, collaboration, and handling sticky situations to resolution.
- Continually evolve people ops practices by analyzing trends and using data to inform, develop people programs, and influence change. You’ll also seek opportunities to explore the use of technology and/or more automation wherever you spot inefficiencies to better Pg’s practices.
- 7+ years of professional (ideally start-up) experience in various aspects of HR. Must have an in-depth understanding of HR programs--including total rewards, leadership development, coaching, performance management, compliance/labor relations. Bachelor’s, PHR, and/or SHRM preferred.
- Natural, authentic people leadership skills. You are talented at building trust-based relationships at all levels. You are a great listener, possess strong interpersonal skills, and are quick to build trust. You maintain objective, honest, confident, and clear communications.
- Flexibility. You know how to zoom out to think on behalf of an organization and can zoom in to tackle nuances at an individual level. You can pivot quickly on-the-fly--a listening ear to a concerned employee one moment and a trusted advisor to leadership the next. You take comfort in significant responsibility--no matter how administrative or strategic it is.
- Fluency in “people problem-solving." You’re a quick study who can chart the best course of action while accounting for potential impact across people, teams, and Pg. You have intrinsic curiosity and apply creative thinking to continually better what exists at Pg.
- Alignment with Pg’s people philosophy. You believe in the impact of building a high-performing team, understand the work that is necessary to keep employees engaged to meet company goals, and are willing to persevere to get us there. You know how to use data and tech to glean insights. You have a deep level of self-awareness and openness to learn and grow.
- Gumption to take the wheel before being asked. You raise the bar on delivering a great product. You are a go-getter and diligent project manager, process-driven with exceptional attention to detail, and super-organized with great follow-through.