At PicnicHealth, we’re looking for our first dedicated People Operations Lead to build and deploy scalable People policies and systems that support our team members’ success and reinforce our driven, mission-first, and deeply human culture. The People Operations Lead will partner closely with the Head of People to create solutions that touch every stage of the team member lifecycle: from hiring and onboarding, to compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance development, and offboarding.
As the founding People Operations Lead, we’re looking for someone who has been a part of a fast growing start up and is looking for a greenfield opportunity to apply that hard-won experience in a role with end-to-end ownership. You not only have deep knowledge of HR best practices, but you also have good sense about people and how to approach sensitive situations with maturity and grace. You are exceptional at finding creative solutions that balance doing right by the business and doing right by the team member. You excel at building and improving data-driven processes that humans will actually use. You’re able to build rapport with team members from all walks of life, and you’re eager to see each of them “come alive” through their work.
As the founding People Operations Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Researching, deploying, and managing HR systems and processes for scale (including PicnicHealth’s first HRIS), as well as improving upon current processes and documentation, drive system adoption, and further integrate the tools into our processes and teams;
- In close collaboration with the Talent Team, building out and maintaining a seamless and engaging onboarding experience for all new hires, as well as an equally streamlined and respectful offboarding process for team members as they transition off the team;
- Working closely with the Head of People, Finance Team and other Company Executives to structure and manage the bi-annual performance and compensation review processes;
- Maintaining and administering payroll and benefits across the company, including leading the annual open enrollment process;
- Liaising directly with legal counsel on critical employee policies and decisions, including immigration and other sensitive topics;
- Ensuring team members are set up in productive work environments, whether working remotely (at least through July 2021) or in the office;
- Acting as a cultural ambassador for PicnicHealth, through day-to-day interactions and the systems you build; and
- Contributing to PicnicHealth’s efforts to build a world-class team, by helping attract, interview, and onboard your future teammates during this exciting time of growth.
You are a great fit if you are:
- Action-oriented: You have at least 5 years of relevant HR and People Operations experience, ideally in a fast-growing start up environment, encompassing benefits and perks, immigration, employee relations, performance management —enough to hit the ground running and drive improvements in the team member experience within your first 30 days.
- Strategic operator: You are an expert and organized project manager and creative problem solver who knows how to implement structured and scalable processes that address the highest priority needs. You effortlessly go between the strategic and tactical throughout the day. You’re thoughtful about change management.
- Data driven: You use data to drive your decisions and improve results. You also recognize its limitations and you have strong intuition - especially about people - to fill in the gaps.
- Thoughtful communicator: You’re exceptionally good at listening and understanding the interests, needs, and points of view of a diverse team, and then adapting your written and verbal communication to your audience and intended outcomes.
- High EQ: you can quickly build rapport with team members from all walks of life and are a trusted colleague for the most junior and senior team members, alike.
- D&I in practice: You have a personal commitment to Diversity and Inclusion and can identify levers that you have to help build more balanced and inclusive work environments.
- Adaptable: You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are comfortable navigating ambiguity, and crave a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you can innovate and help build a mission-driven business.
- Mission driven: You’re motivated to be amazing in your role and, ultimately, improve the lives of patients.