People Development Leader
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
This role isresponsible for the employee lifecycle, which includes but is not limited to sourcing, interviewing, hiring,onboarding, developing,removing team members, coaching and building highly competent and effective individuals that are a part ofagile teams. Unlike previous teams you may have lead, inagile, your focus is on the “who” – the talent and skills needed, instead of the “what” – the work they do day to day, in order to successfully support the vision and strategies of Thrivent.
Responsibilities and Scope
Grows talent to build, maintain and effectively lead a diverse, high-performing team to meet current and future business needs.
- Creates a positive culture and teamdynamics by recognizing the exponential value that different perspectives and cultures bring to Thrivent. Demonstrates a high level of modeling and coaching of all of the Thrivent leadership competencies.
- Ensures everyone can articulate and act upon their personal and professional development goals, diversity and inclusion goals, key strengths and skills, and their focus areas for improvement.
- Consistent with our Performance Management process, meets with team members to discuss performance, career aspiration, development, and to provide feedback/coaching. Proactively plans the talent needs to ensure appropriate staffing and capability/skillset development.
Drives results and leads change to further drive and advocate for agile.
- Encourages accountability, autonomy, and empowerment and coaches while supporting the appropriate boundaries to achieve the result of having self-directed work teams. Knows when to engage and partner with the Scrum Master and/or the Product Owner if and when individuals express concerns.
- Consistently demonstrates subject matter expertise based on either functional expertise and/or the business unit in order to drive continuous improvement and be an advocate for the team. Stays ahead of industry trends for specific product/business to proactively support strategies.
Builds relationships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Establishes and maintains solid business relationships with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and other stakeholders that interact with the team.
- Influences without authority across business lines.
- Uses a level of judgment and interpretation to resolve impediments that are unclearly defined and have limited information available.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related fieldrequired.
- 8+ years of combined relevant experiencein leading initiatives or supporting business processes/systems.
- 3+ years of relevant experience leading people and talent development.
- Experienceusing automated planning/scheduling tools (e.g. Agile Central, PPM, MS Project) as well as office productivity tools (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint).
- Experiencewith multiple project methodologies, experience with Agile principles and Scrum framework.
- Approximately 25% Domestic Travel
- May have 15-20 direct reports