Reporting to the Senior Director of People & Culture, the People & Culture Business Partner will serve as a consultant to management on people and culture related activities. The primary responsibilities of this role will span employee relations, employee engagement, and leadership & team development and effectiveness.
As Epizyme’s HR function, we are dedicated to empowering Epizymers to do their best work, within an effective and vibrant organization. The incumbent for this role must be a creative, agile, grounded HR professional, who is able to bring structure, process, and order to the work -- while also having fun. This role presents a hands-on opportunity to both “build” and “do” what is needed at Epizyme both now and in the future.
S/he is responsible for supporting the continued build-out, improvement, and execution of “right-sized” quality HR/OD programs that ensure the overall development & success of the broad organization (e.g., team effectiveness, leadership development, employee learning, organizational performance, etc.).
- In partnership with the Senior Director of People & Culture, work with people managers and leaders to evolve and execute robust people and organizational strategies as appropriate for their teams, with the purpose of driving key business objectives
- Consult with the business as a trusted advisor, and deliver appropriate programs and interventions, including: new leader assimilation, team effectiveness, change management, organizational design, performance management, retention, engagement, talent planning, development planning, and professional growth [e.g., L&D, career ladders, coaching engagements, etc.]
- Utilize excellent consulting and coaching skills to influence, coach, and provide feedback – all aimed at ensuring optimized organizational, manager, leader, and employee effectiveness
- Based on the HR functional plan and priorities, support the development of our approach to learning and development programs and discern the appropriate delivery channels (e.g., internal workshops, external trainers, online, etc.)
- Manage & advise on complex employee relations situations with empathy, data, understanding of policy & legal implications and an eye towards ensuring all Epizymers are treated with respect
Education & Other Requirements:
- 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Generalist, HRBP, and/or OD consultant. Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA/advanced degree, PHR/SPHR certification, and/or coaching certification is preferred
- Experience working in a biotech/pharmaceutical organization required.
- Consistent modeling of Epizyme’s cultural attributes for success (camaraderie, collaboration, disciplined, innovative, openness, patient-focused and resilient) to positively impact the team and organization
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into plans and action
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to develop important relationships as a trusted advisor with key stakeholders
- Strong employee relations, conflict management, mediation, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to gather information, perform situation analysis, and communicate complex issues in a simple way
- High-degree of program/project management skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and deliver on-time and on budget
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in verbal presentation format.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to gather information, perform analysis, and deliver results