About the Team
The People and Culture team is committed to creating a fulfilling and inspiring place to work for all of the people who deliver that client experience - from our warehouse team to tech talent to merchants to stylists. We pride ourselves on creating a fun and collaborative environment where we solve problems together. We are looking for smart, kind and goal oriented people and culture leaders to join our team.
About The Role
As the People and Culture Business Partner Manager, you will be the site lead and partner to the Phoenix Warehouse General Manager. The Business Partner serves as a thought leader on all things people and culture. You will build strong people management skills within the leadership team to ensure an engaging employee experience. You will also work with your peers and the broader People and Culture team to deliver on company and network-wide priorities that enhance both the employee and Client experience. A key aspect of this role will be leading and developing the People and Culture Specialist and an Office Coordinator. This role reports to the Director, People and Culture.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Revolutionize human resources--we are not HR, we will surprise you.
- Champion and embody the Stitch Fix culture, mission, and values.
- Serve as a thought partner for the General Manager to maximize employee engagement; in service to exceptional operational performance.
- Coach managers to navigate and resolve employee relations issues and manage programs or processes that help engage and develop our people.
- Excel at developing confidence in managers and hone their people-management capabilities. Some say this is one of your super-powers!
- Empower managers to build and foster great teams. From recruiting to engagement strategies, you will support them as they own the process in alignment with our values and principles.
- Demonstrate exceptional talent at putting people first while guiding others to make great people decisions.
- Work with our People and Culture team to get things done on a variety of people-related areas. As part of this work, you will drive the rollout, training and communication of various people programs for the network and for your site.
- Work with the P&C Specialist to ensure a great employee experience through onboarding and immersion, performance management, employee leaves and separations.
- Use data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions that support a strong culture of engagement that drives operational performance.
- Connect your site P&C team to our vision and to deliver on projects and priorities on a building and network/company-wide scale.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. You will advise managers on needed actions accordingly.
We're excited about you because you...
- Have 10+ years of overall experience with 8+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner and 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Have prior experience creating or implementing a people strategy for an hourly workforce.
- Have prior experience with volume recruiting and variable headcount planning.
- Are comfortable and confident making trend-based decisions on a case-by-case basis - we have a preference for using our values and principles to guide decisions not a rule book of policies.
- Have prior experience leading managers and hourly employees through change and creating and delivering meaningful communications and development programs.
- Have a proven ability to effectively coach operationally savvy leaders in a regimented environment.
- Are Bright, Kind, and Goal orientated and deeply share our values of partnership, integrity, innovation, and responsibility.
- Are humble and passionate about helping others be their best selves - you love people and honor their humanity.
- Are a feedback-whisperer - giving and receiving high-quality feedback is a strength.
- Have an agile mindset and are naturally inquisitive, resourceful, and resilient. You are comfortable with a bit of chaos. You can be strategic in one moment and dive into the details the next.
- Are knowledgeable of HR policies and laws including FMLA, Leave of Absences, and other relevant HR related laws.
- Have experience with a wide-variety of systems and tools (Greenhouse, ADP, Google Applications, Workday, Excel, Powerpoint).
- B.S or B.A required
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe.
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative on a daily basis.
- Are a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.