You will define and prioritize data requirements, publish regular data reports, and provide thorough communication to business owners. A Principal People Analytics Specialist works with HR leadership, HR Centers of Excellence leaders and their teams, along with other leaders in the organization to make improvements to SVB's people initiatives based on conclusions and trends identified in your analysis.
The Principal People Analytics Specialist reports directly to the Director, HRIS and People Analytics.
In this role you will:
- Acquire data from disparate HR systems; assimilate and analyze this data; and provide actionable insights and recommendations.
- Apply business knowledge to analyze and interpret data sets and identify root causes of problems and performance exposures.
- Work across the entire HR domain (people acquisition, people development, people management), including employee engagement, diversity/inclusion/belonging, organizational health, program effectiveness, and HR's interactions with other divisions within the bank.
- Provide support for workforce planning initiatives.
- Make recommendations, based on business objectives and available data sources, to incorporate new analytical and reporting tools.
- Develop reports, dashboards, presentations, white papers, visualizations, and other methods for communicating analytics and insights.
- Assist the Director of HRIS and People Analytics in maximization of Visier, Workday, and other BI and HR systems reporting capabilities.
- Assist the Director of HRIS and People Analytics in the continuous development of a data-savvy, solutions-based approach for HR.
- Lead strategic research projects within HR.
- Work under minimal supervision (remote is OK!) with an incredible HR team!
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, or another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of work experience
- Experience using data visualization and conducting research using structured and unstructured data
- Experience with Workday, Visier, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SQL
- Excellent communications skills
- Solutions-approach to thinking
- Servant-leadership orientation
- Experience managing relationships with clients and presenting to audiences
- Ability to work cohesively in a geographically-dispersed team environment