- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a client facing role using data to influence business strategy.
- Experience in SQL and advanced spreadsheet functions.
- Experience presenting data to senior HR and/or business leaders.
About the job
- Experience with inferential statistics, including scripting to deploy (e.g., R).
- Experience identifying problems and using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, interventions, and efforts.
- Experience creating reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards) for business users.
- Experience turning data into a compelling narrative with visualizations (charts, graphs, tables) and presenting to senior leaders to influence business strategy in large organizations.
- Experience independently managing an ongoing client relationship; prioritizing work and navigating ambiguity while collaborating on projects that may involve multiple teams.
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you're someone who wonders \"What if?\" and then seeks out the solution.
As a Reporting and Insights People Analyst, you will be an internal analytical consultant aligned to our geographically aligned HR partners (Market HR). You will serve as the primary analytic point of contact (POC) for Market HR. Your knowledge of people data and business context will enable you to provide action-oriented analyses to ensure our HR organization, and their clients, deeply understand the people and organizational dynamics in the markets they are responsible for. Through your analytics and storytelling, you will help the business set and execute a well informed people strategy.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as \"Human Resources\"). We bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You'll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.Additional Information
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $118,000 bonus equity benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado. Responsibilities
- Combine information for different sources to create analytical plans that address client/stakeholder needs, and execute them. Act as a thought partner to design and measure the impact of surveys, experiments and interventions.
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to distill insights from data, and convey findings to executive audiences. Create effective, scalable, and easy to understand reporting solutions (e.g., dashboards).
- Build relationships and collaborate with teammates, business leaders, and HR clients to solve organizational problems.
- Prioritize work to manage multiple workstreams, high pressure situations, and new information.
- Work through ambiguity (e.g., create structure from nothing, develop deadlines). Connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations, using creative, structured and analytical thinking. Use data visualization to help communicate your ideas.