Complete Job Description:
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various othertechnologies. Will also be responsible for evaluating, preparing and recommending technical solutions, as well as troubleshooting complex problems with a wide variety of applications.
1. System management of PennDOT enterprise servers
A. Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams
B. Determines server sizing and configuration
C. Assists in the development of configuration standards.
D. Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
2. Works directly with PennDOT staff in coordination and deployment of projects.
A. Work with PennDOT partners and employees in deployment activities.
B. Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
C. Attend meetings with PennDOT developers, users, and partners.
3. Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
A. Monitors system performance and provides statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
B. Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools
1. Minimum of a Bachelor?s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3years of experience or Associates degree in computer science or related field and 4years of experience.
2. Specific knowledge required in the following areas: Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2, Microsoft IIS 7.5 and 8.0, IBM Lotus Domino Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server/Apache, TLSv1.2, Schannelsecurity