The Pega LSA will be an active member of our Pega Center of Excellence. He/she will have overall responsibility for the design, technical delivery and overall quality of the Pega solution. He/she will work as technical lead on projects reviewing data management plans, establishing and managing the technical environment.
The LSA is part of our Pega Center of Excellence which was created in 2019 and grew greatly since, both in size and in interest from our internal business partners. The CoE is comprised of Pega professionals from various backgrounds that work alongside our business partners to deliver state the art solutions. We work on the latest Pega version and work to implement the best work methodologies.
Our Enterprise Services teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help Clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. Through innovation and collaboration, we are striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
What will you do?
- Participate in scope definition workshops and own delivery of the completed work.
- Works with Process Architect to understand / identify reuse opportunities.
- Assist developer resources by providing guidance and advice on technical issues and reviewing their work.
- Share complexities as an input into costs for a project and helps estimate work effort.
- Works with the Product Owner to create the Definition of Done (DOD) - the set of activities for complete user stories.
- Collaborate with architects, designers/developers, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce both high-level and detailed-level designs and implement Pega solutions based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Coordinate with both onshore and offshore teams to ensure coding, testing, debugging and implementation activities are completed as required
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interface design, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Contribute to the ongoing support, stability and performance of application systems in production including problem analysis, resolution, and escalation and reporting as necessary.
What do you need to succeed?
- Expert level experience designing and delivering complex Pega case management projects
- Demonstrated experience in solution design for Pega based solutions encompassing internal facing and external facing applications
- Advanced knowledge of BPM concepts, techniques, tools and delivery approaches
- Senior level information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Knowledge of the PRPC Architecture, as well as PRPC design & implementation features.
- Strong data modeling experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can explain concepts to both business and IT stakeholders
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments
- Certified Lead System Architect (CLSA)
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline.
- Pega Certified System Architect (CSA).
- Hands-on technical working experience with Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML); relational databases (Oracle/DB2/MS SQL Server).
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries including Group Benefits / Retirement products and business domains.
- Occasional weekend / after-hours work may be required to support project implementations, system upgrades and support for production environments
- IT supports internal business clients in Waterloo, Toronto (North York) and Montreal. Occasional travel between these locations may be required.